PDA

View Full Version : Sky slashes price of Sky+ HD box

thelostone
29-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Sky has cut the purchase price of its flagship Sky+ HD box from ?150 to ?49 with immediate effect.
In its results presentation for the six months to December 2008, the company said a "significant opportunity [is] emerging in HD", with 7m homes already equipped with TVs meeting the HD Ready specification and a growing penetration of HD game consoles.
"We are seeing a dramatic shift in awareness of HD and more and more people are starting to regard HD quality video as standard," the company said. "We have been positioning our business to take advantage of this long-term trend and have assembled the best HD service in the UK by far. At the heart of this is an outstanding range of content from high quality brands

sunnydale
12-02-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm really tempted by this offer. You know if its worth it??

wullboy
12-02-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm really tempted by this offer. You know if its worth it??

Only until it breaks down, then it will cost you a arm & a leg to get it repaired, as you own the box, not them, so they can charge for all repairs,

nj2006
13-02-2009, 12:33 AM
selected tesco stores have a sky rep doing this offer for ?29 now
39 with sky plus

maoo
13-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Only until it breaks down, then it will cost you a arm & a leg to get it repaired, as you own the box, not them, so they can charge for all repairs,

Nope, they are offering the ?49 box to new customers, all new customers are covered for the first year, in the event of box or dish troubles/faults. After the first year it is a flat rate ?60 call out charge, that includes parts and labour (price may have gone up recently, I am quoteing the price from last year when I worked for Sky).

BTW Sky +HD has a ?10 per month additional fee for the HD channels, so it is not the bargain your thinking it is! So althogether your paying ?170 for the HD Sky +, when regular Sky + is only ?100! Of course you get the HD channels, but most people could care less about the limited amout of programs Sky broadcast in HD, Majority of the stuff on the HD channels is upscaled! You can easily buy them dvd players which upscale, run your Sky + through the dvd and have it upscale all the channels for you!

Then again, if your a sports nut, the additional ?10 a month could be worth it for HD football matches alone ;).

warnstik
28-09-2009, 08:33 PM
I always wanted Sky HD just could never afford it . So i just might take them up on this offer.

CemX
01-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeah have to agree with maoo the additional ?10 a month just for the HD channels is too much, ?120 a year just for HD subscribtion and that is without Sky Sports or Movies package.... just seems too expensive for me, I'll pass on this one.... lets see what the DM800c has to offer ;p