PDA

View Full Version : Site really slow

Chimaera
27-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Dont know if this is the same for anyone else but wod is really really slow

i opened my browser and google was on the page in less than a second, i then clicked world of digital and it took more than 30 secs to get here, in the bottom left corner of firefox all i see is waitng for world of digital etc like it cant communicate with the site very well.

I frequent other forums of similar size to wod and they load in a sec to a couple of secs

any button on wod i use it takes 20 to 30 secs to load the page especailly if i do a new thread that takes even longer for eg: when i press the start new thread button after ive filled in all the stuff im posting ive got time to move 3 diff pages on another tab i have open on a diff site and google album or box covers on another tab and often i click the wod tab and its still not put the thread up

ive cleared cache and tried IE with similar results

Any thoughts

berley
27-01-2009, 04:55 PM
ive just done a few test posts in mod room, i sorta hijacked my neighbours broadband to test if hers was quicker, the posts were taking about 3 seconds to apprear, but one took about 30 seconds

done another on my own connection and got the same results, i was gonna blame my isp tho (virgin adsl) as ive had probs before with getting timed out and it deffo was their fault at the time, as when i connnected on neighbours net i didn't get timed out at all

Chimaera
27-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Convo me and berlz was just having that is maybe relevant

We both notice problems with the site, but we also both notice problems with some other sites and guess what they are all cable/digital related and we are also both on vi##in media, now seems a bit 2 coincendental that all the sites we are both having problem with deal with the subject matter that cable companies dont like...

When im at the g/f i can log onto wod and jump around the site no problems but she is adsl as soon as im home back on my own pc and remember both me and berlz spend a lot of time logged in here it starts to play up

Now am i being to cynical or are cable messing with the connection because they know we spend a lot of time on here and other sites where they dont want people on???

If quite a few others have a similar problem then maybe yes..

time will tell