PDA

View Full Version : dbox2 vs dreambox

magistral
19-01-2009, 05:05 PM
I have a dbox2 which causes me grief by occasionally freezing and I can't get recording to a PC working with my current image - although it has worked with earlier images. Is the dreambox an improvement in these areas as I would consider getting one if it is.

Mike

Sicilian
19-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I have a dbox2 which causes me grief by occasionally freezing and I can't get recording to a PC working with my current image - although it has worked with earlier images. Is the dreambox an improvement in these areas as I would consider getting one if it is.
Mike

Well one bonus of owning the likes of a DM600, DM800 or DM7025, they come with a HDD interface. Recording to HDD on those receivers works flawlessly. Lastest images can even pause and REWIND live tv.

magistral
20-01-2009, 10:39 AM
That sounds really interesting, thanks. There's nothing more frustrating than a video 'freeze' when you're watching something.

FastJack42
29-05-2009, 11:08 PM
I always thought of the dreambox as a dbox2 on steroids. Everything you can do on a dbox2 you can do on a dreambox too, just better. :)

But using some badly hacked images will make your viewing experience as bad as on the dbox. Maybe you should first try some other image on your dbox. It's always cheaper than buying a new receiver.