PDA

View Full Version : buying a dreambox 500c

s0000
14-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Hi
I have been playing with dboxes for a while now thought I would give dreamboxes a go. I seen a site 'dvbmonkey' selling dreambox 500c for under ?60. Can anyone give me any feedback on this seller? Anyone bought from this seller? It does mention that they are shipped from China so guess they are clones but they should still work with the latest images right? Any info much appreciated. Thanks in advance

plymbrew
14-01-2009, 06:53 PM
I bought from them early December. First time so was bit apprehensive. Item took quite a while to arrive due to the owner being in jail for not declaring correct value on packaging. He was very apologetic and item arrived shortly after his release. I would buy again at the price, communication was good, and yes, they are clones as no genuine dm500's are being made and have not been for quite a while. So it is likely all sellers are now selling clones. No problem with image loading.

Sicilian
15-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi
I have been playing with dboxes for a while now thought I would give dreamboxes a go. I seen a site 'dvbmonkey' selling dreambox 500c for under ?60. Can anyone give me any feedback on this seller? Anyone bought from this seller? It does mention that they are shipped from China so guess they are clones but they should still work with the latest images right? Any info much appreciated. Thanks in advance

I've heard dvbseller is reliable. One thing though, I've that its best to use ems shipping to avoid customs charges. I know if you use DHL shipping you will receive a customs invoice.

s0000
15-01-2009, 02:50 PM
I bought from them early December. First time so was bit apprehensive. Item took quite a while to arrive due to the owner being in jail for not declaring correct value on packaging. He was very apologetic and item arrived shortly after his release. I would buy again at the price, communication was good, and yes, they are clones as no genuine dm500's are being made and have not been for quite a while. So it is likely all sellers are now selling clones. No problem with image loading.

dvbmonkey and dvbseller both look the same company. Anyways thanks for this info, just wanted to ask how much shipping charge was? dvbseller EMS shipping is ?30+ just wanted to do a comparison with it but need to sign up. Thanks

Sicilian
15-01-2009, 02:58 PM
dvbmonkey and dvbseller both look the same company. Anyways thanks for this info, just wanted to ask how much shipping charge was? dvbseller EMS shipping is ?30+ just wanted to do a comparison with it but need to sign up. Thanks

They are two different companies.

plymbrew
15-01-2009, 09:43 PM
I went with the DHL delivery at about ?15, did not get any further charges.

Sicilian
16-01-2009, 10:20 AM
I went with the DHL delivery at about ?15, did not get any further charges.

Well you must have been lucky :)

I purchased two 500S boxes, couple of weeks later got a 16 quid customs charge. Loads of peeps have reported this.

You pays your money & takes your chances :zoom:

s0000
19-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Sicilian, how much did you pay for shipping before the customs charge?

Sicilian
19-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Sicilian, how much did you pay for shipping before the customs charge?

Cant remember tbh, but its all on the site.

You could win a Openmedia 500CS for just a ?2.00 stake here To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and its for a good cuase.

mcsuk
31-05-2009, 02:49 PM
just got one of these what do you guys thing is the best image for this box

thanks

Sicilian
31-05-2009, 08:09 PM
just got one of these what do you guys thing is the best image for this box
thanks

Theres no best image. There lots of images about, try them & make your own mind up. Some have more features than others.

PLi images are a good simple, stable and clean image to start with.

DessertDog
31-05-2009, 09:11 PM
To add to the last post please leave feedback to help the image creators good or bad lol

plymbrew
31-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Any of the images available on our favourite toolbar work well. Remember to apply any fix that is required and use the correct area channel search.

plymbrew
31-05-2009, 10:16 PM
This thread has been going for 6 months now!!!! Is there any mileage left in it? All info is available elsewhere so should we close it?