PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about chipping a Wii console?

Chimaera
14-01-2009, 03:36 PM
It can be an easy way to get games that you download and burn onto discs but...

Homework will be required

Firstly goto:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Grab your Wii and look on the back to find the serial and model number look on the site to find the correct key for your model or it will not work properly

Or enter your serial in this page

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Do your research and find out the things you will need to do it, there will be a particular type of screwdriver tool that you need to undo the Wii fittings.

Some of the latest serials of Wii have not been fully solved as of yet, patience is required whilst the developers fix them.

Also to take note of is Bricking
This refers to if you insert a ntsc or japan import into an incorectly done coversion it will render your Wii a dud.

You cannot send it back to the manufacturers as they will know why it?s been bricked therefore rendering you console as useful as a fancy looking brick!

This is why you must do your research properly
read here for more info

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. There is also a section on the site where they will do it for you if your nerve breaks :oops:

2 questions you should ask yourself before starting

1: Do I have the ability to do this mod?
2: Do i really need this mod?

If its yes to both , have fun

Please note that I or Wod cannot be held responsible for you knackering a 180 pound console if it goes wrong

Happy soldering