PDA

View Full Version : New to Satellite...Would like to watch Footy

sadi
26-12-2008, 11:46 PM
:newbie:

Hi everyone!

I'm actually a cable gal but recently I've been thinking of ways that I could watch all the Premier League footy (incl. Saturday 3pm KOs!). Anyway, I have an original Sly digital box from years ago, when digital TV first came out. It's one of the old Gr*ndig boxes. Currently, I do not subscribe to Sly.

Anyway, I was wondering if I could do anything with this box so then I could watch footy (i.e. change frequencies etc..) If this is not possible, then what do I need to do this?

I basically just want to watch the footy, through Middle-eastern TV as I would like to watch this for other general programmes too. I don't want European satellite and I definitely don't want any of the xXx channels either.

I would really appreciate any help and advice guys!

Thanks in advance!

sadi.

:unsure:

notanotherone
27-12-2008, 12:56 AM
:newbie:
Hi everyone!
I'm actually a cable gal but recently I've been thinking of ways that I could watch all the Premier League footy (incl. Saturday 3pm KOs!). Anyway, I have an original Sly digital box from years ago, when digital TV first came out. It's one of the old Gr*ndig boxes. Currently, I do not subscribe to Sly.
Anyway, I was wondering if I could do anything with this box so then I could watch footy (i.e. change frequencies etc..) If this is not possible, then what do I need to do this?
I basically just want to watch the footy, through Middle-eastern TV as I would like to watch this for other general programmes too. I don't want European satellite and I definitely don't want any of the xXx channels either.
I would really appreciate any help and advice guys!
Thanks in advance!
sadi.
:unsure:
in a word no

RoYaL KiD
27-12-2008, 04:09 AM
You could get a massive dish and receiver showtime arabia but you will need another receiver... They show all 380 games and have their own arabian movie channels, sports, comedy etc... Or you could get a art card for 100... French and arabian with 3matches a week.. Not too good... However you could get a art card for the gen progs(13east) and a technomate for the FOOTY(1west)... Or you could get a dreambox and start using it to the max..<no discussions aloud here>

sadi
02-01-2009, 11:24 PM
You could get a massive dish and receiver showtime arabia but you will need another receiver... They show all 380 games and have their own arabian movie channels, sports, comedy etc... Or you could get a art card for 100... French and arabian with 3matches a week.. Not too good... However you could get a art card for the gen progs(13east) and a technomate for the FOOTY(1west)... Or you could get a dreambox and start using it to the max..<no discussions aloud here>

Thanks for the info sadiq! Right, I've done some research and I've heard about getting this "massive dish" which shows all of the games - however, could you please point me in the direction as to exactly the equipment I will need and how much this will cost me in total (incl. equipment, cards etc..)?

Will it be easy to install myself or will I require professional help? Will planning permission be needed for the dish? Also, if I "use the dreambox to the max", will this be a better option. Please bear in mind that I definitely do not want any xXx channels as there are some youngsters in the house to whom I do not wish to expose dodgy foreign channels to! :roflmao:

I just want to watch sports - mainly the English Premier League!

Thanks in advance!

sadi

:thumbup2:

RoYaL KiD
03-01-2009, 02:57 AM
You certainly will need planning permission... Where do you live? If you live in london you will Pick up showtime arabia with a 100pound 180cm dish from maplin however you will need a sub or a cardshare receiver (dreambox, innovative)...
Other option is the better one... Get a motorised satellite dish and get a technomate 5400 and b diablo cam with cas3 programmer and you will easily watch most matches.. Thats the easy way.. The other way is connect a dreambox to the net instead of gettin the tm and cam but you will have to share back..i have a tm with just patch and it does the trick...

sadi
03-01-2009, 02:51 PM
You certainly will need planning permission... Where do you live? If you live in london you will Pick up showtime arabia with a 100pound 180cm dish from maplin however you will need a sub or a cardshare receiver (dreambox, innovative)...
Other option is the better one... Get a motorised satellite dish and get a technomate 5400 and b diablo cam with cas3 programmer and you will easily watch most matches.. Thats the easy way.. The other way is connect a dreambox to the net instead of gettin the tm and cam but you will have to share back..i have a tm with just patch and it does the trick...

Thanks again for the reply! I live in Central Scotland. I've checked maplin but the biggest dish I can find is only 90cm - I guess this won't be big enough. The 180cm that you have seems pretty massive but I would hope that this would do the job.

Once I get the equipment, is it just a matter of plug and play or do I have to flash images, program cards etc?

:)v-

Collider
03-01-2009, 04:14 PM
This what you looking for sadi?
180cm Satellite Dish (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and heres one at maplins but they out of stock at moment
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 0Dish) (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. also dont know if this helps or not with the tuning as dont do satellite LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite (http://www.lyngsat.com/)

sadi
03-01-2009, 04:22 PM
This what you looking for sadi?

180cm Satellite Dish (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and heres one at maplins but they out of stock at moment

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 0Dish) (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Will this be sufficient for me in Central Scotland? Also, I was checking what motor would be required for this but the only one I could find was one that can power a dish up to 120cm.

So, once I get the dish and the receiver (preferably HD), will I need to get a subscription or a card of some sort? Will I need to get the dish installed professionally as 185cm is pretty HUGE for a wee lass like me...

lol!

I'm sorry for all the questions but I've just about managed to get the hang of c@ble TV but this sat malarky seems really complicated...

RoYaL KiD
04-01-2009, 04:42 AM
Well wave i dont really understand why you are after showtime that badly.. Why not get your self a 90cm motorised dish with technomate5400? To power a 180cm dish on a motor you will need a actuator and a receiver with 36v output like the vbox...
Or you could go for a 1.2metre dish...