PDA

View Full Version : Issues with wireless network...

sadi
26-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Hi guys.
My sister controls the wireless network in our house and we've had a bit of a feud and she's now kicked me off.
Firstly, how has she done this?
Secondly, how can I get the internet back?
Currently, I'm using my iphone as a modem but it's not the same. From the reading I have done, I have two options:
a) To hack into my sister's WPA wireless network; or
b) Split the current V*rgin cable TV feed I have in my room and connect it to an original V*rgin/NTHell modem
Option B seems like the easier choice but I am unsure this will work. The reason for this is that the cable TV feed into my room has already been split from the living room and so I will be splitting it once more. I also believe I will have to purchase an originial V*rgin/NTHell BB modem which could be problematic. In addition to this, I am unsure if V*rgin is even the current ISP...
Anyway, I would be grateful if you guys could help me out with this as I'm getting really annoyed with my stupid sister kicking me off the wireless network whenever she feels like it! Ideally, I would like to get the internet and kill her modem somehow just to teach the cow a lesson! lol!
Thanks in advance guys!
sadi.
:berley:

dx100-uk
26-12-2008, 01:54 AM
it is very diff to hack wpa.
only choice might be a hacked modem
the details are on this site.
VM dont allow 2 cm's [subbed] in the same household as such

dx

Magnu420
26-12-2008, 04:47 AM
reset the router to factory defaults,then go into the wireless router settings and enable it then change passy and user name before loggin of the router

sadi
26-12-2008, 11:55 AM
reset the router to factory defaults,then go into the wireless router settings and enable it then change passy and user name before loggin of the router
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this will not be possible because the router is connected to her PC in her room which she locks whenever she goes out.
it is very diff to hack wpa.
only choice might be a hacked modem
the details are on this site.
VM dont allow 2 cm's [subbed] in the same household as such
dx
Thanks for the reply dx. I'll do some reading on hacking a modem and take it from there. I'm not sure exactly what it entails yet but i'll give it a go!

Chimaera
26-12-2008, 12:03 PM
well another option , get the parents involved cos i guess they are paying for it.

If you are paying for it then get virgin to suspended the account until you tell them to put it back

If she is paying for it then not much you can do unless you pay for your own account

wullboy
26-12-2008, 04:24 PM
R you a man out a mouse, it`s your sister for god sake, go in and give her a hard slap, and show her who`s the boss .... :roflmao: ok, ok, only kidding, just kiss and make up, then bide your time, :roflmao: [ she seems to be a bossy wummin. lol ]

plymbrew
29-12-2008, 06:40 PM
In the brown box on the wall outside you can disconnect the cable feed to the modem........if you can't have it then she can't......he..he..he.

pande_monium
07-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Both options you list are possible and can work. But, both will need you to research into each in detail. Importantly... BOTH ARE ILLEGAL ! So, tread at your own risk.

WPA can be broken (not all passwords, mind you... but most simple/medium ones). Search on the net. Suffice to say, it can be done. Easy if she's used a simple text based password. If she's the techie type, she would've used a more difficult combination. BTW if it is WEP based, then the job's much easier.

You can have a 2nd splitter in your room and it *should* be ok. Just make sure there are no attenuaters along the entire route (from the brown box outside... to your PC). You'll need a NTHell modem which has been modded. Again, fairly easily done and you can research this in the relevant forum sections.

Whatever you do, once you've achieved your goal, don't let your sister cotton on to it ! Continue to pester her once in a while to let you have access to it. If you don't OR If you stop it completely OR tell her you've done it, she'll just change her password/etc and you'll be back to square one!