PDA

View Full Version : Media Centre For The Wii

Jango
16-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Came across this on newzbin today, I can't say that I used it yet but going to give it a go tonight. It's basically a media centre for your wii, watch movies, tv programs, play music, radio stations. I've seen that some of your already do this (as myself) through your Xbox or PC, but hey don't listen to me gab on, follow the link below and buy into it like I have.

X-OOM - digital lifestyle. without limits. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I've put the link on there to dl for anybody else who fancies this.

If it does exactly what it says on the tin then this does look fab.

Can anyone give me a hand to join and burn this file off ?

The post on newzbin says to only use the Xoob media centre as the rest is junk, I can see the folder and I've used hj split to join the file but can't see how I'm supposed to burn it or for the wii to read it.......so near yet so far

notanotherone
16-12-2008, 09:16 PM
i dont have nzb but found the same thing on a torrent site ,downloade it and its vlc ,but couldnt get it to do anything ,loads of ppl complaining about it not doing anything so jango its up to you m8 lets see if you can get it up and running m8 :please:

Jango
16-12-2008, 10:16 PM
i dont have nzb but found the same thing on a torrent site ,downloade it and its vlc ,but couldnt get it to do anything ,loads of ppl complaining about it not doing anything so jango its up to you m8 lets see if you can get it up and running m8 :please:

Hiya bud, just contacted another member on newzbin who has sucessfully burnt and used the image, I won't let this beat me or you LOL !

Jango
20-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Does this work ?

Yep it actually does !

Is it much cop - well the answer to that I would have to say is no. For those of you who run media centre via your PC or Xbox, then the two just don't compare. As a first go at running a media centre it's a start, you load the software on your pc, it then scans and looks for media files. You then go to your wii, connect to the rubbish internet, enter in the website address of xoob, enter your key that you set in your software and the two talk to each other that way......slow and crappy graphics. I have files on there that I play on our Xbox, the quality is top, through the wii they are really poor.

If you want to have a go, use WINRAR to create the installation the files, a bin and cue file. I then used Nero to burn from image file to create an installation cd. Once you have that the pc takes over in loading the software............but really, I wouldn't bother.

Good luck