PDA

View Full Version : Humax Freesat with hard drive

lloyd2
16-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Has anybody got one of these and what are your thoughts

lloyd

magistral
20-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Yes, I bought one of these in November to replace my aging Tivo. The Tivo ( hard disk recorder) uses a Sky digibox as its input. I didn't think that anything could ever live up to the Tivo's user interface but I think that Humax must have studied it carefully because it's (almost) as good as the Tivo.
With 2 satellite tuners and a 320GB hard disk and HD support this is an excellent set top box. It has annoyed me on a couple of occasions but only because it can behave differently to the Tivo in one or two areas.
The only thing that I haven't managed to do is completely ween my wife of the Tivo but she is gradually sucumbing.
Mike

Diablo13
23-01-2009, 05:02 AM
I haven't got one of these but I have got both a Humax PVR 9200T and a Humax PVR 9300 which are both excellent twin tuner freeview recorders. They are essentially the same I think apart from the receivers being for terrestrial rather than satelite?
The build quality and functionality is very good, they are easily upgradeable and I have no hesitation in recommending Humax themselves as makers of good electronics kit.
I hope this is useful to you?