PDA

View Full Version : DM 500S freezing picture & crap epg

Yabba's Turd
14-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Not long bought a DM 500S, was a long time dbox user so no my way around enigma and neutrino well enough to get the c/s set up and watching the telly. The picture quality comes and goes, sometimes freezing, sometimes just pixelated but it's pretty unwatchable at it's worst. I flashed using the GP 4.20 image and using CCam 2.11, it works, just not very well, also the epg isn't the greatest, once I view a channel I get some epg but not much.

Any pointers?

Dr X
14-12-2008, 11:53 PM
hello mate.
Well as u will know but if not, the majority of the 500s aswell as c versions have a very weak tunner, some worse than others.
What you might want to do is try and move the dish as some receivers have the alinement of the receiver memory in a sligh off peak possision so just try moving your dish slightly probs a two light movement and see what signal is.
Also if you useing say a CS and net system then that could be down to the connection.
Mostly m8 its down the the tunner in the box or the dish slightly been off so first i would try aline the dish and move it slightly.
Then failing that try get a good booster.

Yabba's Turd
15-12-2008, 12:00 AM
The signal is showing 90% - 95%, tonight was the 1st time I've sat down to actually watch something apart from Spongebob while my kid gets ready for school. Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out once I'm done editing the bouquets.
Any idea on the epg?

Sicilian
15-12-2008, 08:21 AM
The signal is showing 90% - 95%, tonight was the 1st time I've sat down to actually watch something apart from Spongebob while my kid gets ready for school. Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out once I'm done editing the bouquets.
Any idea on the epg?

Its sounds to me that you are using WAN CS, this cannot be discussed here sorry, thats what causing your freezing/stuttering if your not getting any BER.

Gemini have a plugin, cant remember the name of it though, somekind of infotools. This will tell you ecm times, over 350ms will defo cause your freezing/stuttering :wink:

EPG will be limited on a dreambox when using sly uk. I think the only way you will get longer epg is to use the pli images with sqlite epg plugin. This also has a plugin called CCcam info panel that will give u info u need.

Yabba's Turd
15-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the info, I had no idea WAN CS was taboo.
The SNR is always above 90% and the BER is 0.

krazylegz
15-12-2008, 09:22 PM
what satellite/package is it freezing on m8?