PDA

View Full Version : Sky Card From old box in a New Box

akp
11-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Hi All

I have a old Amstrad sky box which had stop working a few years back, when it was last working I was receiving all the FTA channels including ch4 and 5 with my card as I had cancelled my subscription. As the box is well and truly busted now if I get a new sky box will my card work in it or will I need to get it paired with the new box?

All help is much appreciated

Thanks

akp

Sicilian
12-12-2008, 10:41 AM
How old is you card? Is it blue with a white house?

Like this one: -

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. If it is like above, it will be no use ae they've been replaced with a newer card.

thelostone
12-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Just a thought can you not look around a get another sky box with the card if your card is to old?
sky box drx 550 inc viewing card ! on eBay, also Digital Receivers, Satellite Boxes Receivers, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 19-Dec-08 10:20:15 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/sky-box-drx-550-inc-viewing-card_W0QQitemZ280294034688QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Au dioElectronicsVideo_Video_TelevisionSetTopBoxes?ha sh=item280294034688&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318)

akp
13-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi All

Thanks for the replies. The card i have is the one with the yellow house on it. i wanted to put it in a new style amstrad sky box as my m8 upgraded to sky plus and offered his old one to me.

Thanks

akp

thelostone
13-12-2008, 12:12 AM
sounds like the new one, i think you may need to ring cs to pair the card to get all the freeview channels but if i am wrong some one will put you right all the best

maoo
13-12-2008, 03:28 AM
If your just using it for freeview (or freesat as Sky call it). Then you can simply plug it into the new (old) box and it will work no problem.

Any ex subscription card can be used as a feesat card, some tend to have error messages at first, leave it in over night and they tend to go away once the card gets updated by the box.

As long as the Sky box is over one year old, it will be unlocked to accept any card you throw in it, freesat, your neighbours subscription card while they are on holiday... lol you get my drift ;). Anything under one year old will need to get paired for subscription viewing and pretty sure you can still use freesat cards in them (aka your old susbscription card).

When you get the new box it wont hurt to do a software update on it, plug the sat feed in the back, then hold the backup button on the front of the box (not the remote, I know some customers who rang me a few times, only to find they were pressing the remote loool). While holding the button plug power lead in and wait untill all lights on front of box light up. go make a cuppa and when your back if standbye light is on, your box is updated ;). If not, the devil makes work for idle hands :D.

akp
13-12-2008, 11:16 PM
cheers guys thanks for your replies. i shall let you know how i get on with it as im picking up my m8's old box up next week.

all help is appreciatd and long live world of digital :D

akp

akp
19-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi all iv finally got my hands on the new box last night and i put my card into it, and when i turned it on this moring channel 5 is now working so its working as a freesat card.

Thanks for all the help

akp