PDA

View Full Version : Wii updates

romeospadre
06-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Received my modded Wii - Thanks to Wii man - (Top Man), I have burned an ISO but it is asking me to do an update before it will allow me to play the game - also mention about may cause issues to a Wii that has had modifications .
Just need some advice ppl

Thanks

notanotherone
06-12-2008, 04:41 PM
play an original game first like wii sports first if wii man done it he would have made sure it will work ok before he sent it back

romeospadre
06-12-2008, 04:46 PM
It plays wii sports fine and iv got a copy of mario galaxy from wii man which works great, I download new need for speed and put it on a disc - it just asks to run an update , just wondered if it was ok to run it ?

notanotherone
06-12-2008, 04:48 PM
yep it will be fine ,think wiiman pm ing you m8 told you b4 he was sound didnt i lol just make sure its a pal game and np

romeospadre
06-12-2008, 04:57 PM
yep it will be fine ,think wiiman pm ing you m8 told you b4 he was sound didnt i lol just make sure its a pal game and np
Yeah , cheers for that , I only sent it to him because of yours and berleys recommendations .

Thank you WOD

Albertz
06-12-2008, 06:24 PM
My mate that done my wii said you can update all games that ask for it as long as they are PAL. He told me never to try an NTSC or update one.

notanotherone
06-12-2008, 06:32 PM
My mate that done my wii said you can update all games that ask for it as long as they are PAL. He told me never to try an NTSC or update one.
you can play ntsc games but you have to run certain software first ,ive never found the need to play other games and only play pal games

romeospadre
07-12-2008, 01:29 AM
I found a tool called wiibrickblocker - i believe this will remove the update off the iso - not tried it and going by the previous posts probably wont need it but you can also use it to verify that the image is PAL

WiiBrickBlocker - The official site (http://wbb.rockman18.com/?page=home&ln=en) - link for software