PDA

View Full Version : WEP Tool for Windows XP ?

scannerbod
09-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi
Is there such a thing unfortunately I do not have a linux computer !

Ta

The-Wappy-One
09-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Try here

NetStumbler.com (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Introduction To NetStumbler

For a Swiss Army knife of wireless network diagnostics, “NetStumbler??? is saddled with a somewhat unfortunate name. Although it implies a sort of blind luck, NetStumbler is actually most useful for pinpointing details of a wireless network, helping you configure, secure, optimize and discover.

Hitman
19-07-2006, 12:00 AM
what kind of tool?

A wep cracker?

hakz
23-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Linux really is the best operating system to crack WEP. a lot more tools are available. Check out Backtrack (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. There are also video tutorials on there that will show you how to crack wep.

Backtrack is a live linux CD, meaning that you can boot into linux by inserting this cd into your cd-rom drive of the laptop and reboot (as long as the boot sequence in the BIOS starts with CD).

This is a great tool to test the strength of your WEP configurations on YOUR network ;)

Oh yeah and by the way, you can load back to windows like normal when you finish.

Hitman
23-07-2006, 11:51 PM
The best wep cracking programs can be found on the linux auditor cd
Its a free iso file and its all preconfigured.
Runs directly from your cd rom

I Think its been mentioned here before

hakz
23-07-2006, 11:57 PM
yeah it has been mentioned above you, lol one post up :D

backtrack is more or less what you described, it also has the programs required preconfigured

vinnyjones
05-08-2006, 01:58 PM
trinux is another good live linux distro designed for network security tools, worth checking that out, sure they will have some wireless analysis tools on that too..

hakz
05-08-2006, 02:06 PM
never tried trinux, but with backtrack, you can update all files on there, for example, if there is an older version of airsnort on it, you can download a module and add the program into the cd before burning.

The CD that got me into all this is knoppix-std, however, their support is terrible and is hardly updated.

Hitman
09-08-2006, 12:06 AM
i see they put a new name on the auditor cd (backtrax) my appologies i didn't realise!!!