PDA

View Full Version : Dbox & Dreambox same AU fix file?

ssmacc
01-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Hello,

Is the new ?AU fix? the same file for both a Dbox and a Dreambox? (sorry if its a daft question)

Cheers

Sicilian
01-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Hello,
Is the new ?AU fix? the same file for both a Dbox and a Dreambox? (sorry if its a daft question)
Cheers

In a word, yes :)

pande_monium
02-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Hello,

Cheers

I may have my wires crossed, so please can those who know more than me (and, there's plenty here!) correct my limited knowledge.

Right, back to what I was saying - think of it like this... the encryption is sent from BargainMedia over cable. Now, we know the cams are basically the scripts which use the 'keez' to go through these signals and when they come across the encryption, they use these keez to unlock these encryptions.

So, since the source company and the keez are the same, there is no reason why the cams need to be different. Hence, the fix would still apply for all 'open source' boxes such as the dbox2 and the various dreamboxes (all versions, I think).

dx100-uk
02-12-2008, 01:04 AM
look at it this way.
cable boxes like the dbox & the dream seriesare just linux pc's.

so equate that to windows.

as long as you are using 'one' of the series of xp/vista [a compatible] a 'program' or file written for that o/s will work.

that's my drift anyhow.

dx