PDA

View Full Version : Best Firmware

scannerbod
09-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Hi
Can anyone recommend the best firmware to use Sportster Pro / Pacino / Commando ?? They all seem to have different levels of crashing but anyone with more experience of the different versions have any comments ?

Ta

maxqa99
09-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Commando 4 is good and gets good reports. I prefer at the moment NJL v1.5 as it is a little less bloated than Commando 4 which struggles with YWeb, at least for me.

max

scannerbod
09-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the reply is Yweb a browser add-on not sure ?

Ta:)

DessertDog
09-07-2006, 11:07 AM
scannerbod please do not double post there is no need to m8
http://world-of-digital.com/forums/cable-dbox2/2858-dbox2-pacino-v1-0-a.html#post15511

maxqa99
09-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the reply is Yweb a browser add-on not sure ?
Ta:)

Yes, im trying to educate myself with it !

felix_dzerjinski
11-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Yes, im trying to educate myself with it !

I don't wish to contradict but I think yWeb is more of a web server like Apache it works in the same way as when you visit any other website serving you pages. Or it may just be the GUI for nhttpd.

Hope that helps.

mohamm
11-07-2006, 01:50 PM
just wondering

i was told that commando 3 was better than commando 4

can anyone confirm that?

hogansghost
12-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Not sure as I've just got going with v4.

However the best image is really dependent upon what you want from your DBox. Do you want to stream content? Easy Scanning? Improved EPG functionality? Tux Wetter & other plug-in's ? etc etc etc...

It's easy for someone to say what image works best for them but it may be that the image is working well because it's configured "out of the box" for their platform without altering uucodes etc...

At the end of the day, it's not too difficult to change images and backup information using IFA. Maybe get hold of all the popular ones, run them for a week each and decide which one you want to stick with...

billyreh
12-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Not sure as I've just got going with v4.
However the best image is really dependent upon what you want from your DBox. Do you want to stream content? Easy Scanning? Improved EPG functionality? Tux Wetter & other plug-in's ? etc etc etc...
It's easy for someone to say what image works best for them but it may be that the image is working well because it's configured "out of the box" for their platform without altering uucodes etc...
At the end of the day, it's not too difficult to change images and backup information using IFA. Maybe get hold of all the popular ones, run them for a week each and decide which one you want to stick with...

Yes I have to agree with you there its all personal choice not that I am an expert or somthing I have tried Pacino, Sportster and commando 4 and at the moment sportster seems to to be the best for me.

Billy

the_matrix
12-07-2006, 08:34 PM
hello there as you all are talking about images i myself am waiting to get a dbox 2 in the post delivered to me its in debug mode and i need to get hold of some images to try out the differences anyone know where i could get hold of them to try ?

hogansghost
13-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Yes I have to agree with you there its all personal choice not that I am an expert or somthing I have tried Pacino, Sportster and commando 4 and at the moment sportster seems to to be the best for me.
Billy

Likewise. Just gone back to Sportster having tried the commando's. They were good images but every now and again the channels wouldn't clear. Probably only once every other day but never had the problem running Sportster.

Time for a backup and will look around again in a few months !!