PDA

View Full Version : Service Files

Jasman1234
08-07-2006, 11:34 PM
I recently downloaded a service file for my area. It does not allow me access to Premplus even though my previous (older) service did. I prefer the newer service but would like access to Premplus and having compared the details between both channels have noticed that the Transponder ID, onid and frequency are different. To enable access is it just a case of my changing these details for this channel in the new service or would this corrupt the entire service file?

I hope this makes sense??

gimmo
09-07-2006, 01:04 AM
Well u can use wordpad to alter, add or subtract transponder lines in the services.xml file, worked fine for me. Just keep a backup of yor original working services file, so if you screw it up u can ftp it back to the box.
Also i find Bouquet wizard a great tool for checking wether a services file is corrupt or not before u test it on the box :)
I hope this helps/:)

Jasman1234
09-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try. You mention bouquet wizard? Is this something I can download and if so, have you any idea where from?

Thanks again.

J

gimmo
09-07-2006, 01:25 AM
HI , Bouquet wizard can be found here ;
Bouquet Wizard - Wiki (http://wiki.tuxbox.org/Bouquet_Wizard)

Np and glad to help :wink:

maxqa99
09-07-2006, 10:53 AM
What you can do in cases like this, or what i do when some scans dont pick up all the channels you want is to save the services.xml files from the scans ( using an ftp prgram to hard disc) and then simply cut and paste the transponder sections from each of the files into a new services.xml file. I use wordpad for the editing.

Once done i then use bouquet wizard to tidy up.

Might not be the most elegant, but fairly easy to do and works !

hope this helps

max