PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Fire

digitalman
22-11-2008, 04:31 AM
Has anyone got the rapid fire mod on their xbox controller?

If so how is yours set-up?

If you dont know about Xbox 360 Rapid Fire youtube it.

tinkertiler
01-12-2008, 11:33 PM
If you have one of these controllers DO NOT i repeat DO NOT USE ON LIVE!!! You will get banned for the use of this controller as its a breach of terms of use.

digitalman
02-12-2008, 01:51 AM
I have ickle American kids running around with hand guns on COD5 unleashing bullets at the speed of light at me! Everyday I come across these little foooooooooooooooks blasing me away!

Having said that i think its time for some cod5 now!

Not that I doubt your word TT, but how do they detect you using this modded controller? Having had a look at sme of the videos on utube, could get "under" the radar by adjusting the speed of their rapid fire controllers?

tinkertiler
02-12-2008, 08:47 AM
I have no idea how they are detecting it at a guess it must be the speed in chich you fire and kill someone. I know that people have been banned for this but it doesnt happen straight away. MS wait and let you think you have got away with it pretty much like what they are doing with the fw on modded drives.

digitalman
23-12-2008, 03:40 AM
im not doing too bad on this game online but it is really *cuking me off now - coming across more and more people using this feature on COD5!!!

racing around emptying clips from their pistols in about 2 seconds into me!!!!!

samngail
30-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Hey.Yeah i got one of these cause i was sick to the back teeth of little kids kicking my a*s! its quite easy to do just make sure you have the right controller.If you want instructions how to install just go to Instructables - Make, How To, and DIY (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and type in what you want and it has nearly everything you will need.Hope this helps
P.s does anyone know how to un-ban a 360 if at all possible? (wasn't due to modded controller)

tinkertiler
31-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Buy a new 360 LOL only REAL way of doing it all other methods are expensive and just not worth the money. (ifectus chip, downgrade new serial!!!)

samngail
31-12-2008, 10:12 PM
LOL i just thought by now someone would have come up with a 'quick fix' for this as it is a common problem for 360 hackerz.do you know which part of the 360 gets banned,is it anything in the dvd drive or is the drive swappable between machines? i got another 360 on its way and i also have another one for spares.dvd drive dont read discs and its had RRoD 8 times.hope controller mod helped

tinkertiler
31-12-2008, 11:12 PM
They ban the console and you do get banned for using the modded controller so be warned. I got banned and just got another console no other way round it no quick fix andno swapping the drive wont help

You can swap the drives between 360s but without the dvd key from the original drive you have a nice xbox 360 shaped dvd player!!

samngail
01-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Can i put my flashed drive into another console and just play as normal? basic plug n play system or is there more to it?

tinkertiler
02-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Can i put my flashed drive into another console and just play as normal? basic plug n play system or is there more to it?

No. You will have to extract the key from your original drive that was in the 360 and then place it in the new drive because if you dont all it will be able to do is play dvds. Who flashed the drive in the first place as they should be able to sort it out for you if you didnt do it.

big500
01-02-2009, 11:05 PM
I modified my sons controller to make it rapid fire with just a micro switch and a bit of wire, I will find the diagram if you want it

Regards

Steve

big500
04-02-2009, 12:27 PM
MS have in the past banned consoles with modified dvd firmware (flashed drives) its the processor id which gets banned. The xbox processor is and drve key are paired by MS, hence the need to extract the key and import the key into the modified firmware before flashing the drive.MS however have been a little over zealous in banning in the past and recently have been "un-banning" some banned consoles.There is an official RF controller, so I think it would be awkward to ban a console using the official RF controller. I have heard of people being banned for using grenade launchers on COD4 and COD5. The latest "Stealth" firmware is I-Extreme V1.5, which suits all drives except the Hitachi.
On the subject of un-banning look at this link
Microsoft Unbanning Wrongfully Banned 360s? *update* - Scenyx Entertainment Community (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=634465)
Modding your own controller is not that difficult,irrespective of whether you use a 555 chip or the controllers own PWM (pulse width modulation)signal to feed the RF switch

Hope this helpful

Steve