PDA

View Full Version : 4100i major help plz

goofie23
08-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Im not a newbie I know what Im doing but recently I purchased 3 new 4100i`s from ebay. When I netboot the firmware it hardly ever stays, And once in a while I have to reboot my pc and re netboot the vx file in order for the hack page to be visable. Now all of a sudden last night 2 of my modems are just complete dumb. no matter what I do when I try to netboot it just will not upload the vx file. Ive tried everything. It connects to modems, starts a new FTP and then nothing modem just restarts no vx file getting transfered. My third modem is ok, still doesnt hold the vx file completely but restarting my pc and using netboot will transfer the file again but these 2 here i just cant get it to netboot. And another strange thin is that they are downloading at 450kps so it must have a 10mb config fil still working on it which is great new trouble is no way of changing the mac when/if it dies. Are there other ways to do this as netboot just aint working. thanks in advance..

jumpinjo
08-07-2006, 01:16 PM
sounds like the 2 not netbooting may have new firmware they have been putting out, if so you will need max232

here's new firmware

Software Version: SB4100-0.4.9.4-SCM02-NOSH
Hardware Version: 0
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0
VxWorks Version: 5.3

goofie23
08-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Software Version: SB4100-0.4.9.4-SCM02-NOSH
Hardware Version: 0
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0
VxWorks Version: 5.3

yea thats what i got, any tuts on using my max calbe, i got one but never used it

vasehedar
11-07-2006, 08:46 AM
I posted a site where you can get all the firmware.
Download the correct firmware

use the max232 seerial lead to flash the modem with the firmware,

go to 192.168.100.1 where you should see a hacking page.

scroll down and to the bit where you can change the mac addy.

Get a working mac addy from ur area (you might have to swap)

change it
reboot