PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox LIVE ban wave hits!!!

tinkertiler
10-11-2008, 11:56 PM
A new wave of bans has happened tonight. Although it is early days it looks like the release of Call Of Duty 5 that came out last week may be to blame. People have been playing online before release. We will see what happens and if i find any more info i will post it straight away.

RoYaL KiD
11-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Ta mate. Sounds interesting. Hope Ive not been banned. If you get more info then please post.

tinkertiler
11-11-2008, 12:37 AM
the only thing that is floating about at the moment is the fact of people playing COD 5 on multiplayer on LIVE. Some people are saying that its not just the console that is banned this time but your account goes too!! But that is just pure speculation at the moment. Over the next 24 hours the hackers will be looking at the LIVE logs and the reporting back. As soon as i see anything else i will let you all know.

I have just been on mine and its fine(so far touch wood!) but i havent been playing COD 5 or any of the new games

RoYaL KiD
11-11-2008, 04:59 PM
the only thing that is floating about at the moment is the fact of people playing COD 5 on multiplayer on LIVE. Some people are saying that its not just the console that is banned this time but your account goes too!! But that is just pure speculation at the moment. Over the next 24 hours the hackers will be looking at the LIVE logs and the reporting back. As soon as i see anything else i will let you all know.
I have just been on mine and its fine(so far touch wood!) but i havent been playing COD 5 or any of the new games
i played that at first coz i had a beta code but now i dont.
only cod4 and halo3 for me at the moment.
GT=DarkMan 094

tinkertiler
11-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Just to update everyone it LOOKS like it was the review copies that were floating about that are the problem. Seed4me are the review copies so avoid them at all costs!! I hate to say it but i told ya so!!!

johnboy196
16-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Me banned to never played cod5 only ever played gow2 and cod4 and i always played them after the release day....

tinkertiler
16-11-2008, 10:27 PM
One of the releases of GOW2 was a dud

johnboy196
17-11-2008, 12:19 AM
when looking for games whats the best way of finding out if the game it retail or review bad rip as they say..??

anyone help

tinkertiler
17-11-2008, 08:41 AM
When you have downloaded the game check the iso out with xbgx360-gui before you burn it and it will check it on a online database to check that the file is good or not. It will also fix it if it needs it. The other way is if you get them off p2p wait and see what everyone is saying about it i.e if the iso is bad or not.

Diablo13
19-11-2008, 01:52 AM
Well it is now JUST the 19th November and the new dashboard is officially live today. I would expect more bans to happen today. I have the new dashboard installed but have not tried to connect to live yet. Maybe I will try later on and see if I get banned before I have even been connected with my new adjusted :-" console!