PDA

View Full Version : Wii Software Chipping

DeckerZ
09-11-2008, 03:30 PM
I have just heard there is a new software 'chipping' available for the Wii. Apparently this software goes onto an SD card and works as well as the hardware chip. Has anyone heard about this or am I being led down the garden path?

If I hear anything I will post.

DessertDog
09-11-2008, 06:50 PM
in answer to your question Nope

Collider
09-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Only thing i know of for wii which is USB is USB Gecko - Connect your PC to your Wii via USB 2 for homebrew development | WiiRD GeckoOS (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Conclusion

The USB Gecko is a very useful Nintendo Wii accessory for developers and cheat code hackers. Although, with the discontinuation of the Gecko Tool and the bugs present in the current set of applications the programs still need a bit of work done to them. However, for a coder it's positives out weighs it's negatives.

Negatives

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Shots Broken
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Gecko Tool
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Ripper Doesn't Work
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Card Tool Doesn't Work

Positives

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Installation Process
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. of Applications
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Cheat Codes
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Import Games
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Continued to be Updated

ScouseGit
24-11-2008, 11:24 AM
There is indeed a software mod for the wii , you need the legend of zelda game and an sd memory card plus the homebrew channel software , I will look through my stuff to see if i can find a link for the required software !

Collider
24-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Is it for playing backup games or just homebrew software?

ScouseGit
26-11-2008, 02:14 PM
as far as i'm aware its for playing back up games !

gingeruk
29-11-2008, 06:34 PM
that sounds like it could save a lot of money

grantstrouther1982
01-12-2008, 01:38 PM
this is out there and works fine for back ups all you need as stated above is a copy of zelda and an sd card to place the files on, not sure if i can post the link on here without breaching some of the rules as i found it on another forum.

when you have it installed it will boot back up discs, americian disc and more importantly has no problems with using wii scrubbed iso files!

TheGrimReaper87
02-12-2008, 05:03 PM
This is a definite but is not compatible with all games and apparently new Wii updates will disable homebrew possibilities in the future but I'm sure the people who know are maybe one step ahead already.

Deviant
07-02-2009, 06:53 PM
I have softmodded our Wii, and have so far found no issue's loading any games :D

nss1888
09-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey folks,

have a look HERE (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack)

It has all you need to know.

:)

DessertDog
21-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Found this no idea if it works or how you use it.

Collider
21-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Good find DD but i just looked it up and there are alot of these since that zelda hack just being repackaged,couldnt even find anything on wiki about it :(

Collider
21-02-2009, 01:37 PM
BUMP just checked it DD and it opens up a page to here

HomebreWare - Unlock Your Nintendo Wii To Play Backup and Homebrew Games.. And much more (http://www.homebreware.com/?hop=thesuperaf)