PDA

View Full Version : pc keeps shutting down

scoobydooby
07-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi, i am just starting to experience a problem with m pc. After 30 or 40 minutes for some reason it just restarts itself. I have a windows box come up saying your pc has just recovered from a serious error and gives me this info
C:\DOCUME(1\dad\LOCALS(1\Temp\WERebb5.dir00\Mini07 0706-03.dmp
C:\DOCUME(1\dad\LOCALS(1\Temp\WERebb5.dir00\sysdat a.xml
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

timaddamz
07-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Have you checked the event log, this can be found by right clicking on my computer and then going to mange. Check the application log and the system log for errors.

Once you have found the errors got to EventID.Net (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. to find the solution.

I would also try removing any spyware using spybot and any unsed programs. Delete all temperory files.

after all this if still does not work try the system restore feature.

scoobydooby
10-07-2006, 10:28 AM
hi folks , i got advice from another to give inside of pc a brush'n'hoover , especialy around the fins on the cpu cooler as the dust will be causing it to overheat , tried that and it seems to have worked :)

weezil101
10-07-2006, 11:18 PM
You might want to try installing some temperature monitoring software - quite often your motherboard comes with some software for this and it's quite handy for keeping an eye on thing. A steadily raising temp can often serve as a prompt to clean your PC out ;)

mohamm
10-07-2006, 11:22 PM
why dont you just do the easiest thing and run a virus scan

like i did?

and update the virus encyclopedia by clicking on live updats???

scoobydooby
11-07-2006, 03:26 PM
pc is working ok after a good clean out , i have an anti-virus prog running all the time , but big ta for all replies

Paul_Robson
13-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Hiya scooby, it sounds like a heat problem.I use a 1/2 inch clean paint brush to dust inside my pc. As im very gently brushing over stuff i also have to vaccy sucking the dust out. I do this once a month, and my pc is virutally dust free.Check your cpu heatsink and fan too :)

titch12
25-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi, i am just starting to experience a problem with m pc. After 30 or 40 minutes for some reason it just restarts itself. I have a windows box come up saying your pc has just recovered from a serious error and gives me this info
C:\DOCUME(1\dad\LOCALS(1\Temp\WERebb5.dir00\Mini07 0706-03.dmp
C:\DOCUME(1\dad\LOCALS(1\Temp\WERebb5.dir00\sysdat a.xml
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had a problem much like this , and after ages of searching forums for the answer , it turned out to be my dramm memory settings in bios were set too high.