PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox Dash Update November 19th 2008

tinkertiler
09-10-2008, 07:52 AM
John Schappert, Corporate Vice President of Xbox LIVE, Services and Software, announced today during his Tokyo Game Show keynote that the New Xbox Experience will ship to Xbox 360's around the world on November 19th 2008.

For all of you that have not seen this yet it is going to have alot of new features and look alot like the wii dash. One of the features that looks interesting to me is the one where you can download the game to the HD and run the game off that, only thing is you will need to leave the game in the tray but it wont spin up and make a noise like it normally does!! Its supposed to load quicker and make the 360 quieter. I just hope that if you have modded firmware that everything will be ok we will see when it gets released on the 19th

Nuktu
03-11-2008, 05:07 AM
On the dashboard at the moment there is a link under games library. The little picture at the bottom. When you click it it gives you information on the new dashboard. However, I noticed some sort of competition for Microsoft points. I dont know for what. It does not seem to be open yet, so keep an eye on it. Can somebody also confirm this?

tinkertiler
03-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Just to let everyone know that the new dash has been leaked and you can install it on a modded or a unmodded console and it will work BUT you will not be able to connect to LIVE till the 19th. One of my friends has installed it and he says it just wont connet ti LIVE at all as this disc was sent out to a selected few and they had to register there consoles to make it go on live with the new dash.

Diablo13
05-11-2008, 01:19 AM
I have to say I love the new dash. Works fine on my modded console and the ability to load and play from the HDD is great. Games seem smoother, loading times are MUCH shorter and it is quieter. It seems to make much more use of the bigger HDD's now available as well so that you can store your music and pictures etc, on it, and not just stream from your pc.
It works so well that as Microsoft made it I will be waiting for the catch after the 19th? :-?

parkour
09-01-2009, 05:36 PM
i h8t the new dash i think its more complacated than the old 1 they shud put somethink on so yuu can pic if yuu want the old 1 or new it wud be better
what do ppl think???

Diablo13
09-01-2009, 07:20 PM
I can't see any problem with the new dash personally?
You scroll to what you want to look at whether it's different profiles or game addons. Much to my surprise it looks good and works perfectly.
I really can see no problems with it at all? Maybe you just need to get used to it a bit more? :-?

tinkertiler
09-01-2009, 07:29 PM
I hate it wish they would bring the old one back. It is far too cluttered up and too many things going on with it. And this downloading the game to the hard drive is giving me no end of problems, i can play games offline but when try and play them online it wont have any of it!! One of my friends controller wont work with call of duty with it on the hard drive.

They have tried and done what they did with the Wii and it hasnt worked the Wii is aimed at kids and women and the 360 is aimed at a older generation so why they have had to try and copy the Wii is beyond me.

I still havent found how to check the network apart from having the cable unplugged and then it doesnt connect and asks you to test.

Diablo13
10-01-2009, 03:09 AM
Good points tinkertiler.
I don't play online so I never noticed the points you mention.
I don't remember seeing the network check bit either because I set mine up before the new dashboard came in.
I think it must be in 'My Xbox' bit though?

tinkertiler
10-01-2009, 08:13 AM
But then again you buy a games console to play games on not too sit there looking at the dash all the time LOL So it will do i guess!!

You might be right on the my xbox bit but i still couldnt find it so i gave up lol