PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Xbox 360 games warning

tinkertiler
08-10-2008, 07:55 PM
If you download xbox 360 games (that you have purchased cough!) BE WARNED! Some of the games that are floating about at the min by a group called Seed4Me are Beta review copies and if you play them on your console and the connect to LIVE you run a very high risk of getting banned!!! And before anyone says anything the console logs what games you have played even when not on LIVE.

hotguy
11-10-2008, 08:24 PM
100% right m8 i have just found this out as well.....

Collider
11-10-2008, 10:09 PM
You talking about fallout 3 tink lol hmmmm :)

tinkertiler
12-10-2008, 03:06 AM
There have been a few of them Saints Row 2, Fallout 3, Fracture, Blitz the league and NBA 2k9. And just watch out for other versions of the same game as "The Scene" have a funny knack of nicking them re labling them and claiming they have done it!!! Fallout 3 still has not come out and Saints Row 2 has only just come out on retail. If you are downloading anything like this just make sure that they dont say review copy or beta as they could spell trouble

Collider
12-10-2008, 10:44 AM
You mean unplug the ethernet from LIVE ;)

tinkertiler
12-10-2008, 11:26 AM
You mean unplug the ethernet from LIVE ;)

No i mean dont play them at all as it has already been proven that the Xbox stores the data and you can still get banned when you connect back up again!!! Some people are saying that they have modded the games aswell which is a big NO NO if you play on LIVE.

To anyone who plays online with modded firmware just dot play them versions of the game AT ALL.

plexo
12-10-2008, 05:45 PM
guys these wont get you banned off live, you just cant play them while ur connected on live, i blame the torrent groups for not mentioning anything about them being review copies...

also, modding the game, that breaks any signiture checks that are on the games, which means the games wont play, so you cant "modify" a game :)

play away at the review copies you shouldnt have a problem with getting banned, they have no way of checking if you are a real review person or not, like i say the only thing that will happen is you cant get onto xbox live while the game is in the drive :)

if you are that paranoid then u wudnt be on live with a modded console in the first place

"And just watch out for other versions of the same game as "The Scene" have a funny knack of nicking them re labling them and claiming they have done it!!! "

wouldnt really call it "scene groups" as its just random group names and their nfo's state they are only spreading them for sceners who dont use torrents, also when they found out it about the review copy stuff, they started labeling them, check out Fallout_3_REVIEW_COPY_XBOX360-DiPLODOCUS :)
this is why i always wait for a proper scene release by a known group :)

tinkertiler
13-10-2008, 11:26 PM
1. These games could easily get you banned off live. For 2 reasons 1, the xbox logs the games played even when you are not plugged into live and 2, you are playing the game early and your achievments could be traced.

2. You CAN mod a game and play it on LIVE and it will work look at guitar hero for one and also PGR4 was done and some people got banned for that!!!

3. Playing a review copy could get you red flagged!! Very easily think about it all MS would have to do is check who had the review copies and then look at who is playing them. If you are not one of the ones who had it why are you playing it!!!

Sayiong that you are "safe" playing these games online offline and then going online after is asking for trouble!!! There is only one way to make sure you dont get banned from LIVE and that is NOT to mod the console in any way. People have been banned for modding the fans to run at 12 volt as its aginst the rules of use.

The review copies are just adding a greater risk in my opinion and a awful lot of other people toowhy take the risk when there is a bigger risk than you need to take

EDIT - Also you wont get banned straight away because MS has a track record of getting a nice big list together and then banning everyone in one go. Look at Halo and Halo 2 when they were released it was bye bye baby to alot of us me included in the halo 2. But thats the risk you run when you played backed up games on your console Call Of Duty 5 is the next big one out and i wouldnt be surprised if that was when the next ban wave hit. MS does it like that to try and keep us all guessing why its happened. It will be then or when the new dash hits on the 19th of November

plexo
14-10-2008, 11:11 PM
would call cod5 the next big thing lol its cod4 set in ww2, agree with you to a point but yes thats the risk you take

also with playing games early, logging etc

my 360 thought it was in 2005 when gta first came out on copy

didnt go on live until about 2 weeks after the uk release of it

1. thats their logging out the window, as they dont know when i played it, changed my date every time i played it so it was all random

review copies could get you red flagged yes but your copying games thats the risk you take, u get banned go out and buy another console just for live etc or do a swap

tinkertiler
15-10-2008, 07:22 AM
COD5 is as you say COD4 in ww2 which doesnt interest me in the slightest!! It will sell loads and loads of copies and that is why i am guessing thats one of the times they will hit with a ban wave like they did with Halo 3. We will see.

Far Cry 2 is the one i am waiting for and the new Need For Speed. Far Cry was great online just hope the second one lives up to how the first one was

Nuktu
03-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Could you not delete the data the xbox stores? If you could then you could go online. Maybe mod the hard-drive?

tinkertiler
03-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Its a risk you take when you play burnt games on the console and all you can do at the mo is protect yourself with the latest ixtreme 1.4 firmware and thats about it. The review copies may well not get you banned BUT there is more risk because only a selected few should have been playing them so personally i wouldnt risk it

Diablo13
05-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Just so I understand.
If I download a review copy, but don't play it until after official release date, would I still get my botty spanked if I went on live? Or should I just dump the one I've got and get another 'backup' one just to be on the safe side? :Hammer:

tinkertiler
05-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Try not to play the review copy at all. Your console COULD get flagged even though you are not playing on LIVE. No point in taking the risk

tinkertiler
11-11-2008, 09:35 PM
guys these wont get you banned off live, you just cant play them while ur connected on live, i blame the torrent groups for not mentioning anything about them being review copies...

Oh i hate ro say it but i told you so!!!! People have been banned for playing these review games. To anyone who has been banned after playing these game you was warned.