PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know the answer to this one please

youngie
03-10-2008, 12:38 PM
i have a cable eurovox and had a dreambox 2. but both are humming really loud. i have tryed new cable scart leads new four way filter 3way filter nothing helps but alittle bit if tape wraped around the metal part but i dont get all channels that way. is there anything out there to stop this its doing my box in now. cheers all lee

nss1888
03-10-2008, 01:27 PM
hey there,

if wrapping a bit of tpae around it stops the noise, it's mibbie gonna be a vibration thing..

the signal will have stopped cos the tape would be non conductive, so try a little tin foil or somthing, to make the connection secure but to allow the current to flow...

I have no idea if this'll work, but it sounds like it might :wink:

wullboy
03-10-2008, 01:34 PM
at a guess m8 there is some sort of feed back or electrical interference from the line or the tv, maybe some sort of suppressor is required, especily when it is affecting both boxes, ??

youngie
03-10-2008, 06:12 PM
well thank you guys what is a suppressor. how can i do this or buy it from i like the sound of foil but how will i do this wrap tape first then foil or what kind regards both lee

fergalsworld
03-10-2008, 06:23 PM
You could try one of these
Coaxial Ground-Breaker & Feed-Thru Surge-Protector (Coaxial Plug to Coaxial Socket) Black (http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/aerials-accessories/cable-ground-breaker/coaxial-ground-breaker-feed-thru-surge-protector-coaxial-plug-to-coaxial-socket-black.htm)