PDA

View Full Version : Taxman Using Robot to Catch E-Bay Traders

derbyc316
07-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Be careful

Taxman Using Robot to Catch E-Bay Traders (http://www.maple.uk.com/resources/news/practice_news/robot.html)

Shipoftheline
07-07-2006, 01:19 PM
sounds about right for this Government

jacknife
07-07-2006, 01:24 PM
sounds about right for this Government

Why should they get away with dodging VAT when others have to pay it?
Do you think a Conservative Government would let them get away with it?

:please:

Shipoftheline
07-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Why should they get away with dodging VAT when others have to pay it?
Do you think a Conservative Government would let them get away with it?
:please:

Why should the Government spend Billions on a ID card system which everyone has already said will be next to useless. Why should our hospitals be in debt and laying off staff when the Government are only too happy to keep giving billions abroad. Why should we have the highest taxe's in europe but hey perhaps your right lets go for the little people trying to make some money on ebay

digitalman
07-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Why should the Government spend Billions on a ID card system which everyone has already said will be next to useless. Why should our hospitals be in debt and laying off staff when the Government are only too happy to keep giving billions abroad. Why should we have the highest taxe's in europe but hey perhaps your right lets go for the little people trying to make some money on ebay

both points are valid, to be fair there is nothing to argue about or debate.

The only thing you can do is make sure when you get the chance is to actually VOTE and encourage others around you to vote.

Otherwise sitting around and debating between ourselves aint gonna solve sh*t when it comes to both local and central government!

:fence:

Shipoftheline
07-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Very truth but I'm not joking when I tell you I don't actouly know anyone who has voted Labour (or admit to it anyway)

DessertDog
07-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Well i think its about time there are many many traders on ebay who pay no vat its not fair on those that do.

jacknife
07-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Well i think its about time there are many many traders on ebay who pay no vat its not fair on those that do.

And the turnover threshold is %u00A361,000 so were not talking about your small time ebay dabbler, We're talking about businesses that are dodging tax that the rest of us have to pay.

I don't understand why politics has been brought into the argument(unless you have an axe to grind). It's basic law enforcement.

VAT isn't a perfect tax, but it replaced purchase tax which was a lot worse.

martinarcher
07-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Does Ken Dodd still or Lester Piggot trade on e-bay??v):)

sullly
08-07-2006, 08:32 AM
free enterprise , the next thing will be that , everything you buy off ebay is funding drugs and gun runners ,

the usual line from the government ,

i.e. fags dvds , set top boxes

:gun: