PDA

View Full Version : SIMM Free Phones @ Carphone Warehouse

pande_monium
24-09-2008, 01:59 PM
I know a lot of folks know this already and is perhaps common knowledge to them... but there's a lot of folks out there who are still unaware. I was pleasantly reminded of this fact recently, so thought of sharing it here.

If you buy a mobile phone from Carphone Warehouse, it inherently comes as unlocked.

Say, if you bought a Nokia N95 on PAYG, it would be SIMM FREE. I believe, even if you bought it on contract, it comes as SIMM FREE. To be doubly sure, make sure you mention to the sales guy at the shop that you swap SIMMs when you go abroad and want to make sure that the phone is SIMM FREE.

swizz
24-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi yes that is true i have bought a few phones from them in the past, you might have to buy it with a sim card i.e orange ect. but that is okay just use up the free credit you get with whatever sim they are selling the phone with , then just pop in your prefered sim and thats you sorted...!!

swizz

berley
24-09-2008, 02:58 PM
If you buy a mobile phone from Carphone Warehouse, it inherently comes as unlocked.

well im one of the people that didn't know that so thanks for sharing :zoom:

DessertDog
24-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Yep carphone warehouse has been doing that for years pande but ty for letting those that didnt know,know the info know.
I was told by them that its because they are not under contract to any provider so all there phones are unlocked.

Collider
24-09-2008, 08:40 PM
my sister brought a phone back from japan a while ago and there was no sim in that either,i was told they dont have sioms out there :)

pande_monium
25-09-2008, 01:23 PM
my sister brought a phone back from japan a while ago and there was no sim in that either,i was told they dont have sioms out there :)

Just a tad out of the way, for buying a phone, eh?

Just you wait Scotty boy...:kungfu: