PDA

View Full Version : 500S on the way

joy123
22-09-2008, 05:33 PM
hi, i am getting 500s, now i have wireless internat in my home, i will get 500s. i need to connect it to internate, how will i do that except connect it to modem by eth cables??? i cant excess the modem, but i have a extra dlink wireless modem too,

any idea? thanks in adv.

Sicilian
22-09-2008, 07:29 PM
You'll need to invest in a router.

joy123
22-09-2008, 08:49 PM
You'll need to invest in a router.
what u mean?? i have one extra router in my house which is not connected, the problem i cant connect to the router is , i am sharing internat with my friends next door, and he has the setup in his house :( so i dont wanna run a long cables

Dr X
22-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Joy
A router is not worked via leads as such it is worked via signal sending.
But for what you want well you will have to connect the box to the router if you want to stream from the box via eternet, and there is no simple way around it regretfully.
You should of asked this question m8 before you jumped in and bought the box, as we would of told you this and it would of saved you money.
Useing a router wih your box you have to have it pluged into the router.

joy123
23-09-2008, 10:13 PM
somebody actually in deffrent site gave me a better idea,

connect the box to the pc(which is connect to the internate by wireless) and share the internate by the nic!
think thats a good idea.

and forget to say using the crooswire from pc nic to box

joy123
24-09-2008, 03:31 PM
and linsky one model with certain farm, will allow you to catch the wirless from air and use it !!! just to let you know. u can actually connect 2 router (linsky+right firm) together to use wirless to router to ethernate.

imthedaddy
19-05-2009, 09:48 AM
somebody actually in deffrent site gave me a better idea,
connect the box to the pc(which is connect to the internate by wireless) and share the internate by the nic!
think thats a good idea.
and forget to say using the crooswire from pc nic to box

Suppose you could do it this way, but you'll need your PC on at all times when watching the box.

You could buy yourself a cheap wireless repeater with a ethernet port switch on back too and use that to connect to PC and the dreambox.