PDA

View Full Version : advice plzzz

joy123
21-09-2008, 10:37 AM
i am kinda confuse now. :(
i have one fs4200(crap) FTV sat , now i want to get dreambox, probably 500c (heard it doensn't care if there is a card or not!!) now bare with me and tell me what cable and satellite mean???

notanotherone
21-09-2008, 10:55 AM
hi there ok ill try to explain,if you have cable (which is telewest or ntl) then you can get a 500c or a 600c or a 7025c the "c" meaning cable and you can get them in "s" form as well which means satalite (sky)for cable you will need to have a basic package with any of the above cable comapanys ,with sky satalite all you will get is fta channels unless you have a motorised dish ,of course there are a lot more box`s out there that can do the same thing but just gave a few examples

joy123
21-09-2008, 11:18 AM
ok thats mean if i dont have ntl or sky basic channel, none of them will work?? but i remember i read one post some site (Dreambox codes now on Tivo - TiVo Community (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. he said it even dont need any sky card !!! confuse again

it is 5th post by lor(user name) , incase u dont know what i am talking about

and heard about card sharing if i have a brodband line!!! which i can, i can share a card with my friends, but what i have to do for that?? even i am a newbi but sure its not a rocket science.

notanotherone
21-09-2008, 11:50 AM
if you have broadband then you can get a cable box ,card sharing we dont talk about on here ,sat as as i said you will need a dish or if you ahve a dish then you would only get the fta channels and as i said we dont talk about card sharing on this forum you would have to ask on one that does talk about it m8 soz

joy123
21-09-2008, 11:51 AM
thanks m8, i am sorry about asking that stupid Q.

joy123
21-09-2008, 12:49 PM
will you suggest me which one dreambox i will buy to run with sky basic package?? i am looking for something cheap and work definatly (like clone), any sugg appre, thanks in advance