PDA

View Full Version : B.E 24mb anyone ?

ihatedeskjets
18-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Just wondered if anyone had experiense of this as it's available in my area and the price is pretty good, but it's llu so i'm not sure about it.

Sicilian
18-09-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm currently considering moving to them from VM. My phone line is going back to BT in a couple of weeks, so will prob give them a try myself.

trueno
29-09-2008, 01:22 PM
I am on O2 16meg broadband which is BE. A test using speedtest.net says it is 16meg.

Customer service is a bit rubbish. The setup CD didn't work for me (I think it couldn't log into wireless router) and has no manual instructions, phoned them up, ouch, they just kept saying I had entered in wrong IP in wizard! Finally they told me they will resend the IP settings. I decided to manually log into router and enter in the IP, bang it started to work!

Apart from that isn't too bad, but I did have a few glitches where internet stopped, but a restart of router (Thomson 780) fixed it (strange).

The speed is good though, had never slowed down yet, and they say is unlimited.

byb3
04-10-2008, 11:57 PM
I've used their 8mb basic service (?14.99/month) for a while in Sheffield and the service was top notch there. Never used the supplied router though and did read of several problems related to that. Not sure if it would be worth the difference getting the 24mb unless you were a big downloader. It is only usually available near the exchanges as well.

thom
01-01-2009, 01:16 PM
o2/be same company, i on 8mb and i get 9mb its the best broadband in the uk :)

Collider
01-01-2009, 07:22 PM
o2/be same company, i on 8mb and i get 9mb its the best broadband in the uk :)

er No lol Virgins the best broadband in the country ;)