PDA

View Full Version : Hows about some WOD online gaming nights?

Sicilian
17-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Just a thought everyone, howsabout some online gameplay as a WOD clan? Thought it would be good fun to setup a little clan playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein:_Enemy_Territory) as its free for everyone & still good fun even though its little dated plus you dont need a mega high spec pc to play it.

We could even setup some online comms for us whilts playin.

Whats your thoughts guys?

Post below if your intersted and what nights you'ed be able to play.

notanotherone
17-09-2008, 11:00 AM
i think youve got too much time on your hands :roflmao:mite be fun

wullboy
17-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Sure !! strip poker anybody :roflmao:

Sicilian
17-09-2008, 11:04 AM

What ya wanna see naked flesh for? Was thinking more along the lines of some good old WW2 themed fps shooting :)

berley
17-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Just a thought everyone, howsabout some online gameplay as a WOD clan? Thought it would be good fun to setup a little clan playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein:_Enemy_Territory) as its free for everyone & still good fun even though its little dated plus you dont need a mega high spec pc to play it.
We could even setup some online comms for us whilts playin.
Whats your thoughts guys?
Post below if your intersted and what nights you'ed be able to play.

good idea and if i was any good at online games then id join for sure, hope you get enough peeps interested to make a clan

Sicilian
17-09-2008, 02:52 PM
good idea and if i was any good at online games then id join for sure, hope you get enough peeps interested to make a clan
Dont have to be any good, we can just use ya as cannon fodder :roflmao: No seriously would you give ago for a laugh?

berley
17-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Dont have to be any good, we can just use ya as cannon fodder :roflmao: No seriously would you give ago for a laugh?

yea im up for anything for a laugh

notanotherone
17-09-2008, 03:33 PM
yea im up for anything for a laugh
yes we know :roflmao:

Collider
17-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Enemy territory is cool as i have posted before about this and for all thst dont have fast systems "cough" it should run no probs.

Set up a clan for here [et.splatterladder.com] ? Serverlist - (3425 Servers) (http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverlist)

and make it password only ;)

thelostone
18-09-2008, 09:34 AM
:please:w noooooooooooooooooo:roflmao:if i ever get time these days sic mate i would love to join

Sicilian
18-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Surely theres got to be more up for some FPS fun? I'm willing to pay for some online comms such as ventrilo or teamspeak. Prob be nice for members to have a chat aswell & listen to Berley get pizzed :roflmao:

How about a midweek evening?

Collider
18-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Sounds good m8,you name it and i make the time ;)

Sicilian
18-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Sounds good m8,you name it and i make the time ;)

Cool, I'll have a hunt round for a cheap comms hosting package, any preference, ventrilo or teamspeak. I've used both in the past & found Ventrilo better. Come on peeps come join some fun online warfare :)

Collider
18-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I dont mind either,cos i only have headphones :roflmao:

Sicilian
18-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I dont mind either,cos i only have headphones :roflmao:

Invest in a cheap headset with a mic, using comms online if great for covering each other.

Collider
18-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Still up for some gaming if peeps got the time?

Irfaan
19-12-2008, 10:57 PM
id be up. around 930 onwards. id be up all day if my boss wasnt sitting right in front of me lol

Calico
19-12-2008, 11:23 PM
I think I could find time over the holidays if its on!

Chimaera
19-12-2008, 11:28 PM
I used to do a lot of clan based stuff years ago

and my suggestion would be

Unreal Tournament
servers can be set up on one pc so you can all play or host connection dependant of course

the game is easy to obtain and crack
so no expense there

and at least it dosent have a theme like a war game i dont play war games with a game like UT2003 its all about winning

and there is plenty of team based stuff in it like capture the flag etc
just my thoughts

Collider
19-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Only thing is why i said enemy territoy is its free,plays with my crap graphics card lmao and its also Team based ;)

Calico
20-12-2008, 01:43 AM
I tried that Unreal Tournament years ago after playing Quake 2. It was like trying to shoot a load of zeberdy's lmao

But hey! I'll try and sharpen my reflexes with a voddy & red bull or something :drink4:
Ha! Ha!

Just name it!!:woot:

Chimaera
20-12-2008, 12:10 PM
All games are free if you see what i mean? lol
but yes you need one with low specs so all can play it which is why i mentioned UT2003

im not bothered as long as its a good game to play

Collider
20-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Wanna pm me a decent place to get it chim?

BLACKJACK
20-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I am up for it too if you all can get it setup.I like a bit of mayhem online

Chimaera
29-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Ok i have got a Unreal Tournament game download sorted so all we need is some players...

If you cant find the game on the forum pm me and ill sort u some links

What i thought was this, basically ill host the server with a password and then we try a few people in to see how it goes

We can always try other games if people dont want to do this one

Irfaan
29-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm up for it

Chimaera
29-12-2008, 05:31 PM
One thing i noticed with enemy terroity you have to have gamespy installed to get in the servers ;o(

No sorry its an option it is possible with just the game

First thing we need to do is decide on which game we want to play

Just posted Call of Duty 1 as another option to try ;o)

Collider
29-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Spoke to doc the other day and he said that he would possibly setup a server early new year.

@ chim dont need gamespy to play ,all i do is connect in game and list of servers come up

Sicilian
30-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Out of interest, how come you guys are playing UT2003, when UT2004 wons the multiplayer game of the year?

Specs for each games as follows: -

UT2003 -

Operating System: Windows? 98/Me/2000/XP
Processor: Pentium? III or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz processor or faster (1.5 GHz or faster processor recommended)
Memory: 128 MB RAM minimum (256 MB recommended)
Hard Disk Space: 3.5 GB free
Video: Any Windows-compatible video card(NVIDIA GeForce 2 or ATI Radeon with at least 64 megs of video memory recommended)
Sound: Windows?-compatible sound card. NVIDIA? nForce(tm) or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby? Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio
DirectX?: DirectX? version 8.1(included)or higher
Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP)play supported | 33.6K baud modem or broadband Internet connection recommended

UT2004 -

Operating System: Windows? 98/Me/2000/XP
Processor: Pentium? III or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz processor or faster (1.5 GHz or faster processor recommended)
Memory: 128 MB RAM minimum (256 MB recommended)
Hard Disk Space: 5.5 GB free
Video: Any Windows-compatible video card(NVIDIA GeForce 2 or ATI Radeon with at least 64 megs of video memory recommended)
Sound: Windows?-compatible sound card. NVIDIA? nForce(tm) or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby? Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio
DirectX?: DirectX? version 8.1(included)or higher
Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP)play supported | 33.6K baud modem or broadband Internet connection recommended

Irfaan
30-12-2008, 10:11 AM
hes got a point when the specs are exactly the same and you only need 2 gb more of disk space

Chimaera
30-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Yes i had noticed it was an error when i was picking the links, dont worry ill get the goty edition of 2004 if needed

i thought this version might be simpler for low spec

smif
05-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Are the gaming nights still going on
or has it died down?

Collider
05-04-2009, 06:24 PM
@ smif am hoping doc will see this and set up a server for it :)

smif
05-04-2009, 07:24 PM
My favourite is a good shooter but i would
try any game.

notanotherone
05-04-2009, 07:29 PM
My favourite is a good shooter but i would
try any game.
ok we'll play "hunt the smif":roflmao:

Lainie
05-04-2009, 08:59 PM
im good at connect 4!!

smif
05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
ok we'll play "hunt the smif":roflmao:

Catch me if you can nao.:machinegun:

Connect 4...anytime...anyplace lainie

andywebmail
23-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Anyone played Americas Army?
Excellent FPS Shooter & free! Dont need the latest pc, is based on the unreal engine so most will run it.
Download Deploy client Here= http://k2-solutions.eu/forum/index.php?page=DownloadDBFileDownload&dataID=18
Once deploy client is downloaded, install it, then use it to download the "CORE" Which are the installation files (around 3gig).
When deploy client has downloaded the files, the install option becomes available.
Install & play for free!
I Am admin of an existing Americas Army server and WOD members are very welcome to come & play anytime.
I Would suggest a tag in your username like "-=WoD=-username" so you can be recognised as WOD members to recieve help & advice.
My Username is SeeYourDoom
Rising star players may get recruited into clan!:woot:
The game has an inbuilt server browser anyway and theres' no shortage of servers or maps to play.
Once the game is running to get straight on our server you open the console (@ or ~ key) and type open 80.193.33.244 then press enter and that will take you straight to our server. (punkbuster must be enabled in game, anticheat server)
Gametracker= -ACI-| ShotGuns! @Public FAST Server! [aa] America's Army (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Online game manual= Main Page - AAManual (http://manual.americasarmy.com/index.php/Main_Page)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c3/America%27s_Army1.jpgTo view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Once there are a few of you ready to play we could arrange some games but as said earlier, the server is always on so hop on to practice or just meet up on there anytime.
Hope to see some -=WoD=- s in the game :dance:

andywebmail
25-05-2009, 03:33 PM
System Requirements & ports For Americas Army =
=============================================
The current Minimum System Requirements for AA: SF (Overmatch) are as follows:
* 3-D graphics card with 128 MB memory and support for hardware transformation and lighting
* 1.8 GHz processor or equivalent
* English version of Windows(r) 2000/XP Operating System with latest updates
* 512 MB RAM
* 3.5GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
* 4X DVD-ROM (not required for downloaded installations)
* Windows 2000/XP compatible system
* DirectX 9.0
* 100% Compatible DirectX 9.0 soundcard
* 56kbps Modem or other network connection
* *Nvidia? nForce? or other motherboard/soundcards containing Dolby Digital? Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital? audio.
The current Recommended System Requirements for AA: SF (Overmatch) are as follows:
* 3-D graphics card with 256 MB memory and support for hardware transformation and lighting
* 3.0 GHz processor or equivalent
* English version of Windows(r) 2000/XP Operating System with all updates
* 1 GB RAM
* 3.5GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
* 4X DVD-ROM (not required for downloaded installation)
* Windows 2000/XP compatible system
* 100% Compatible DirectX 9.0 soundcard
* Broadband Network Connection
* *Nvidia? nForce? or other motherboard/soundcards containing Dolby Digital? Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital? audio.
Game Ports
=============================================
The internet ports currently required to be open for America's Army are listed below:
UDP - 1716, 1717, 1718, 8777, 27900
TCP - 14200, 20025-45, 20046, 20047, 20048, 28910
UDP ports explained:
1716 for the Game,
1717 for the GameQuery,
1718 for the Master Server Query,
8777 for the Standard UT Query, and 27900 for GameSpy.
TCP ports explained:
28910 for GameSpy
20025-45 for MBS Game Server,
20046 for the Auth server,
20047 for MBS, 20048 for DCDS, and 14200 for LAN.