PDA

View Full Version : burning wii images

melo4263
12-09-2008, 08:40 PM
whats the best program and media to burn a wii image, at present i'm using imgburn and taiyo yuden discs but my wii doesn't like the disc

turner123
12-09-2008, 08:58 PM
* LG-8164b
* LG-8163b
* LG-8162b
* LG-8161b
make sure you have one of the above drives.....then nero will do the job just fine

tinkertiler
12-09-2008, 10:18 PM
If i remember correctly if you burn the discs at 4x then they work fine any faster and then you get problems. I may be wrong but a few of my mates have said that you can use any discs but you have to burn them at 4x to get them to work correctly

thesparky
13-09-2008, 09:19 AM
whats the best program and media to burn a wii image, at present i'm using imgburn and taiyo yuden discs but my wii doesn't like the disc
as said to backup an original game use a program called "raw dump" and an LG dvd reader drive
* LG-8164b
* LG-8163b
* LG-8162b
* LG-8161b

either model will work and will produce an iso file in about 3 hours

this then gives you an iso file, iso files can also be downloaded from various utorrent site

so which ever way you get your iso which is an image of the original disc you img burn at x1, as said up to x4 is ok but you will be 100% on a correct burn at x1
on average an image takes about 30 minutes to burn

once you have your backed up copy of your game (imagine you lost or erased the iso) you can then use img burn to create an image from the already backed up disc using a standard dvd drive

i say img burn as Nero can and does change the byte size and causes the disc to fail

at x1 your pretty sure your getting a proper copy, keep that as your master disc then you can copy from that at x4, that way if the disc is scratched you will always have a copy ready

as for media i prefer the Data Write DVD-R Mach4 red disc, these seem to write first time every time, i did buy some cheap non named disc but found 1 in 5 failed and after a few plays you needed to eject the disc for it to load again in the Wii