PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible to add iTrader for the sell it, trade it section?

Sicilian
10-09-2008, 04:40 PM
As the title guys, would there be anyway that itrader could be added to the forums for the sell it/trade it section, it might well boost peeps trading on here & may even boost visits to the forums.

More info that I could find iTrader v2.0.1 - vBulletin.org Forum (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I know one forums that use this systems & their trading section is really busy, in time it would proberbly make the rest of the fourms busier.

I'm suggesting this only for private sales NOT traders. iTrader would be a system of leaving feedback for each deal.

Any thoughts? Just a suggestion.......

berley
10-09-2008, 06:43 PM
good suggestion and i've also seen it on other forums didn't know what it was to begin with but do now

renwich
10-09-2008, 06:55 PM
nice idea :woot:

Diablo13
29-11-2008, 12:00 AM
I have only just seen this thread, so a little late I thought I would post clock a bit and add my thoughts.
Though it sounds alright in theory I have some deep reservations about it! I do not think we want to attract that kind of interest in the site. We do not need to boost membership as the rest of the site and sense of community speaks for itself.
I am a member on an overclocking forum and members on there sometimes sell on their no longer needed computer parts to other members. Very useful for some people without bottomless pockets, however, amongst the members you will always get the unscrupulous few out to make a quick quid and when that happens the brown and smelly hits the fan!
How do you control or compensate an angry member who feels ripped off by another member? Why would you want to?
If you banned a member for bad practice on the site, that still does not give the aggrieved members their goods or money back! We are all aware of the problems which can be encountered on ebay, as well as similar problems which can arise even when dealing with legitimate registered companies online.
For these reasons I am strongly AGAINST such an addition to the site. Maybe I am being a little pessimistic but I see no valid reason to expose the WOD to any possible problems which could in the end be detrimental to the site in the long run?
Human nature being what it is. :no:

berley
29-11-2008, 12:11 AM
pmsl i love reading your posts diablo but on a friday night when ive got some voddie down my neck could you not keep it short n simple :roflmao: and oi f5 ;)