PDA

View Full Version : pop my cherry

seamouse
23-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Yes as the tittle says!

I build my own pcs, but toying with a ps3 for the last 3 months and still thinking today to get one.

Need some info:

I got a 42" hd tv with only one htmi port. So far im only using it with the pc hooked up as the pc is easyer to do my paces. Are the 2 html switches ( 2 to 1 ) any good? does it make the picture weak?

Can you burn ps3 games and play them ok on a ps3? IE from a BT site?

As I`m wireless in the house, is there a wireless option for the net, from another room?

I keep hearing a lot about firmware problems, can the ps3 play old ps2 games? Any known problems with music, films ect?

Any one know of any selling cheap?

pande_monium
18-09-2008, 03:39 PM
I got a 42" hd tv with only one htmi port. So far im only using it with the pc hooked up as the pc is easyer to do my paces. Are the 2 html switches ( 2 to 1 ) any good? does it make the picture weak?

There will always be a little amount of deterioration in signal quality due to attenuation and number of connections soldered. If there is active amplification in any of those switches (ie. its connected to the mains to provide your signals subtle amplification), then you will mostly not notice any drop in quality. If not, there might be a slight drop in quality, depending upon the cable run (longer cable runs mean greater attenuation, hence, higher drops in quality).

Can you burn ps3 games and play them ok on a ps3? IE from a BT site?

No. Not at the moment. PS3 games have an inbuilt encryption which has, as yet, not been broken. I've tried this personally and made coasters out of 3-4 BlueRay discs when the PS3 1st came out.

As I`m wireless in the house, is there a wireless option for the net, from another room?

You've been watching too much of Matrix mate... we're all wireless!! :)
Don't understand your question here... please can you elaborate.

I keep hearing a lot about firmware problems, can the ps3 play old ps2 games? Any known problems with music, films ect?

Firmware problems - Till date, there's only been 1 firmware upgrade that's gone bad. And that hit a very small percentage of people. I myself had that upgrade and did not get affected. The fact that Sony has the ability to offer upgrades via the internet is absolutely brilliant. Meaning, that bugs/issues can be fixed easily and a better build is incorporated into the wider audience on a large scale, very easily.
Backward Compatibility - Only the 60Gb version in the EU can play PS2/PS1 games. Again, only a selection of these can be played.. although that number is quite high.
Known Problems - Best to copy movies to the hdd first from the wireless network first and then play them to avoid frame breaks. Audio is no issue over wireless networks. Video is also no issue over WIRED networks.

Hope this helped.

seamouse
17-10-2008, 01:16 PM
cheers dude i got a 80gig last week