PDA

View Full Version : So what kind of fitness exercise do you do?

Sicilian
21-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Come guys & gals, what sort of fitness regime do have? Post what you do, gym, running, cycling, martial arts, aerobics post what you do & any special diet or training routine that you use. Or any hints & tips for others to get fit.

I'll start things off.

Mon = Gym, Back & Biceps
Tues = Gym, Shoulders, Calfs & Ab's
Weds = 5.5 mile run
Thurs = Gym, Legs & Ab's
Fri = Gym, Chest & Triceps
Sat = Early morning cross county mountain bike ride approx 20mile or more, depends on mood & energy levels
Sun = 6 - 7 mile run

Diet consists mainly of Protein, although I do eat some carbs during the day but no carbs after 4pm

Supplements, I take Protein shakes, Creatine & High strength Cod liver oil capsules.

Collider
21-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Right first thing in the morning i go and nick a pint of milk to get me going then after i hunt down some chavs in town(god the mental exercise is frustrating) and for lunch i weightlift the drunks with bench included :)

Sicilian
21-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Right first thing in the morning i go and nick a pint of milk to get me going then after i hunt down some chavs in town(god the mental exercise is frustrating) and for lunch i weightlift the drunks with bench included :)

Bet their bellys are like beer kegs LOL.

berley
21-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Come guys & gals, what sort of fitness regime do have? Post what you do, martial arts,
I'll start things off.

yep thats where i burn off most of my calories :wink:

ooooops you said marital arts :roflmao:

nj2006
21-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Kebab cigs and booze, i work really hard on getting my marshmallow man figure. if anybody would like to try my methods ive writen an ebook and is selling it on ebay for 30 quid
its titled NJ's Diet its like the atkins diet but no ristrictions on eating anything

thelostone
21-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Fitness hummmmmmmm whats that all about then??? is it
Fit
Itailans
That
Need
Exercise
Should
Swim
:roflmao:
sorry couldnt resist that

Sicilian
21-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Fitness hummmmmmmm whats that all about then??? is it
Fit
Itailans
That
Need
Exercise
Should
Swim
:roflmao:
sorry couldnt resist that

Good one :roflmao:

Come on u guys, someone must exercise, surly.

notanotherone
21-08-2008, 01:18 PM
bike 5 miles everyday to work run 3 miles every second day go to gym every odd day cardiovascular only work 12 hr shifts .........and so on

Sicilian
21-08-2008, 01:19 PM
bike 5 miles everyday to work run 3 miles every second day go to gym every odd day cardiovascular only work 12 hr shifts .........and so on

Any kind of diet?

Collider
21-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Any kind of diet?

Pmsl nao diet is pies pies pies :roflmao:

Satsearching
21-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Pmsl nao diet is pies pies pies :roflmao:

Thats his Breakfast, Dinner and Evening Meal. You forgot his supper.

Magnu420
21-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Kebab cigs and booze

sounds like my life style and btw im a f.i.b

turner123
22-08-2008, 01:05 AM
pmsl every1 has taken to this thread and taken it seriously... NOT ...lol... but hey its got to be one the best reads in a while iv had... plus if we all exercised what would happen to WOD ??? we ll all be out there running cycling gymin etc etc oh yea CHAV finding lol, berley will be sat there in the shout box all on her own wondering were all WOD have gone!!.....so no we dont exercise, our exercise consists of pressing the button on the comp lol... THATS WHY ITS CALLED WORLD OF DIGITAL... n not world of exercise.... pmsl...

pacman160778
23-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I've lost 20lbs in the past 8 weeks just by changing my eating habits and sticking to a pretty strict diet.

I'm in no way overweight, but wanted to shed as much excess body fat before i get back to serious training as i've been pretty lazy the past 2 years and have put a bit of a beer belly on. :(

You'd be surprised how easy it is to shed a load of weight just by sticking to a few simple rules with regards to what you eat :D

Sicilian
24-08-2008, 05:48 AM
I've lost 20lbs in the past 8 weeks just by changing my eating habits and sticking to a pretty strict diet.
I'm in no way overweight, but wanted to shed as much excess body fat before i get back to serious training as i've been pretty lazy the past 2 years and have put a bit of a beer belly on. :(
You'd be surprised how easy it is to shed a load of weight just by sticking to a few simple rules with regards to what you eat :D

At last, a member who wahts to be healthy! :)

So what sort of traing are you going to do?

turner123
24-08-2008, 06:03 PM
I ride my BMX if that counts only bought it other month aswel n weather been S*&( ever since!!! i did goto the gym until 12months ago when i broke my arm did go back but felt so uncomfortable lifting weights even now i get a few niggles with it that goes through me as its just not nice lol me being soft i suppose

Chimaera
19-09-2008, 10:48 AM
my Gym nights are mon/wed/fri
20 mins cardio and about an hour on the machines

Mainly upper body and abs, not particulary building but defintion toning

Mainly protien diet with some carbs, i eat a lot of fruit as well

swizz
19-09-2008, 06:34 PM
My right arm is very fit, with all the the pints of lager that i lift up and down to my mouth,and my left arm is quite fit also with holding all they kebabs whilst i am eating them with my strong right arm pmsl lol

swizz

tinkertiler
19-09-2008, 09:50 PM
As some of you are aware i changed my life style a few months ago and i have now managed to loose nearly 7 stone!!!! Its took me about 4 months to do and i still have another 3 stone to loose which i hope to have shifted by xmas. Yes i was 25 stone before but i couldnt go on anymore the way i was.

Started walking alot and changed my diet and it seems to be working as i feel alot better about myself now and the only downside is i need a new wardrobe!! (which i have just built so need new cloths to go in it!!)

dreamer
19-09-2008, 11:16 PM

I don't understand why you had to change your diet pacman. You only ever ate dots and fruit as far as I can remember.

On a more serious note ...tinkertiler, pacman and the rest of you guys out there making an effort get and stay fit and healthy, GOOD ON YOU! Well done! keep up the good work!
:woot::woot:

bmw
28-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Anybody got any idea's to get rid of Man Boobs & decrease my Love Handles ???

turner123
28-09-2008, 01:04 PM
STOP!! dirnking beer STOP!! eating junk food and DO some exercise pmsl

a steady healthy diet goes along way

bmw
28-09-2008, 05:09 PM
LOL !!! Not a heavy drinker BUT i need my food. LOL AGAIN !!!

Tizzie
30-09-2008, 10:24 AM
started going to the gym last year, cos just sit here at the pc all day working, or playing, so was getting no excercise

dont particularly like it, but need the excercise and boy is it expensive, but if i dont go there, I wont do anything

bmw
30-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Your CORRECT - the gym is too expensive. Need cheap alternatives !!!

Sicilian
30-09-2008, 03:43 PM

Nothing wrong with just taking a run up ya local roads, thats free!

tinkertiler
30-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Walking for a hour a day works i can vouch for that!! Get a ipod and away you go i even enjoy it when its raining just the freedom of getting out instead of being stuck inside all the time

Collider
30-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Where i live is a beach and parks so i would suggest going for a run early bird like 5/6 am so that its quieter and you wont get disturbed ;)

Sicilian
01-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Cycling is free aswell :) I always cycle along the local canal.

berley
01-10-2008, 02:05 PM
sexercise is free as well and fun :p

Sicilian
01-10-2008, 02:11 PM
sexercise is free as well and fun :p

Sex & booze, is that all u think about :woot:

Collider
01-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Sex & booze, is that all u think about :woot:

well lately it has been cigarettes tut tut

berley
01-10-2008, 10:25 PM
oi stop dobbing me in :rofl:

and dont worry wont be smoking ever again :jumps:

Collider
02-10-2008, 12:03 AM
oi stop dobbing me in :rofl:

and dont worry wont be smoking ever again :jumps:

Yea this week :roflmao:

zedbee
02-10-2008, 12:20 PM

Go see a doctor and get a 'Doctor's Referral'. Depending on where you live it can vary. It lasts for about 14 Weeks (or 28 visits)

I started going to the gym with my son as his 'Gym Buddy' when he got a doctors referral. The induction was ?5 each, then ?1 a visit for each of us. We also had access to the swimming pool, sauna, etc., for ?1 a visit.

After his referral ran out I got a doctor's referral for my self but because I lived in a different area it was done different. No 'Gym Buddy' system and the times for referrals were restricted. However after the ?6 induction it was free for me and ?2.50 for him (as he was going to college) so we just split the total cost between us. Again I had access to the swimming pool, etc., for free.

Mine has now ran out and I'm having to pay the full costs, although I believe the doctor can extend the referral for longer depending on circumstances.

I've now taken out a full membership with my partner so works out about ?5 each a week and we go to the gym twice a week and swimming once a week. My daughter also comes to the gym with us and gets in free because of her age.

ZedBee
:trustme:

bmw
02-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Thats sounds a gr8 idea !!! But the problem is here in Leicester it takes about 1 month to see a Dr !!! Will wait now after X-mas & New Year. Will have PLENTY of WEIGHT to loose by then...

thelostone
28-10-2008, 06:19 PM
just thought you might like to no because i can not see me toes any more:rofl:(well maybe not that bad) i have started to take the dog out for longer walks and started to do sit ups every night and even am begining to watch what i eat.Mind you i think that the fact that i am going on my holiday soon might have something to do with it:woot:you got me thinking sic plus the mrs is moaning, if all this walking has worked for tink i thought i had better give it a go

Sicilian
29-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Well done lost m8 :) Keep it up. Remember though, its consistency that give you results. Get fit & losing weight is not an overnight thing, belive me it can take months of seeing no results!

I'll have you running miles soon :p

Twenty years ago I couldn't run 100 yards, now I'm running my first half marathon this sunday & knocking on close to forty LOL :roflmao: :sweating:

thelostone
29-10-2008, 11:41 AM
You are getting worse than my mrs mate:roflmao:are you sure she has not put you up to this:))i running miles hummm remember sic mate miracles are easy but the impossible is a bit harder

Sicilian
29-10-2008, 11:43 AM
You are getting worse than my mrs mate:roflmao:are you sure she has not put you up to this:))i running miles hummm remember sic mate miracles are easy but the impossible is a bit harder

m8, the more I'm away from the missus, the less nagging I here :p :roflmao: :zoom:

tinkertiler
29-10-2008, 06:13 PM
just thought you might like to no because i can not see me toes any more:rofl:(well maybe not that bad) i have started to take the dog out for longer walks and started to do sit ups every night and even am begining to watch what i eat.Mind you i think that the fact that i am going on my holiday soon might have something to do with it:woot:you got me thinking sic plus the mrs is moaning, if all this walking has worked for tink i thought i had better give it a go

Good luck mate and stick with it as it works in the end just not over night as sic says. Well worth it in the end