PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Red

fruitbatsmith
18-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi All I Have I Flashing Red Led Is It Dead...

Collider
18-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Unplug and replug the ps3 HDD back in as i have been seing over the net that this could be the main issue

pande_monium
18-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Unplug and replug the ps3 HDD back in as i have been seing over the net that this could be the main issue

But before you do that, just switch the PS3 off from the switch at the back and switch it back on after about a minute. I've seen this happen once and that's all it took me to fix it.

maoo
13-04-2009, 02:42 AM
Lol that is funny, but more than likely you activated the disk slot clean mechanism is all lol

Basically if you touch the eject button as soon as you flip the back switch to on (with no disk in), a powerfull hoover like noise is made while the fan sucks as much air in as fast as possible through the disk slot, to remove dust etc from the lens and disk slot.

After it is complete the red power led just flashes untill you reboot the ps3 from the mains (or back switch, both are the same lol).

Collider
13-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Lol that is funny, but more than likely you activated the disk slot clean mechanism is all lol

Basically if you touch the eject button as soon as you flip the back switch to on (with no disk in), a powerfull hoover like noise is made while the fan sucks as much air in as fast as possible through the disk slot, to remove dust etc from the lens and disk slot.

After it is complete the red power led just flashes untill you reboot the ps3 from the mains (or back switch, both are the same lol).

thought that was only with the old 40gig models?

maoo
14-04-2009, 06:31 PM
thought that was only with the old 40gig models?

Nope as far as I am aware, they all can do it, mine is a 80gig one and does it.

Collider
14-04-2009, 07:54 PM
yea mines 80 also might give it a blast later lol