PDA

View Full Version : *****Setting Up Cute FTP*****VISTA******

turner123
15-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Connecting To Your Dbox

First step get yourself a ftp program ie:-flash fxp or best for vista use cute fxp they are available on the net or forums.or here RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/126854804/cute_with_gen.zip)

Dbox Settings

set your box to these settings below once done just double check that they are correct as follows:-

Press dbox button on remote
Scroll to settings press ok
Scroll down to network press ok
In the menu you should have the setting of the dbox
Ip address 192.168.1.110
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Broadcast 192.168.1.255
Default gateway 192.168.1.1
Dns server 192.168.1.1

If they are the same continue to the next step of setting up your pc

Pc Settings

follow the attached file STEP 1...STEP 2....STEP 3

Once all is exact same as the above STEPS close all windows

Now The FTP Setup

(now connect dbox to pc direct with the use of a crossover cable) open your ftp you downloaded open the tab new select new ftp

Enter everything below as in the picture STEP 4

Now everything is all connected click connect(step3) if everything has gone well you will be connected to the box Now you have full control of the box you can flash update everything you need to do via ftp

hope this has helped or will help

rgds

Collider
15-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Great post mate and not bad for your hundreth ;)

turner123
15-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Great post mate and not bad for your hundreth ;)Thanks scott, i thought id do it as many ppl start to flap about it cause there on vista n slate it but i find vista pretty good, so hope this stops the ....AHHHH im on vista etc lol.....100 posts not took to long lol... could prob be stuck as a sticky?? upto mods tho...your choice

PaphosAL
15-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey, Turner- why not make this setting:

Dns server 192.168.1.1

...the same IP as your PC or Router uses to connect to the web via VM?

In my case- 194.168.4.100 (but yours might be different)

Now, your dBox2 can connect to the web for TuxWeather, Webcam pix from around the world, and- who knows? Maybe even BBC iPlayer (when DejaVu pulls his finger out, LOL!)

Cheers- AL :Hammer:

turner123
15-08-2008, 06:07 PM
hi AL...iv been using blade trinity but it dont have that tuxweather in the image so iv never really bothered with it tbh...but how do i find out the ip of the vm i am using? ill edit the post when i know so others can do this if they like ....cheers AL....

philt
26-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Typically, if you have some sort of router in between your incoming broadband connection and your devices it'll work as follows.

The router will pick up a genuine IP address and DNS Server address etc from VM

The router will be configured to give out a range of internal (i.e. private) addresses to your devices (i.e. PC, Dbox etc.) (These are typically 192.168.x.y)

When it gives out an address to your devices via DHCP, it'll also give out DNS Servers and a default gateway. The DNS Servers are typically the VM ones and the gateway is normally the address of your router.

So if you are using manual IP addressing on your dbox, just copy the DNS Server your PC is using...and make sure you use an address on the subnet your router is giving out...

Hope that makes sense...

philt