PDA

View Full Version : Wireless network

norman347
10-08-2008, 09:43 PM
I have tried to set up a wireless network following instructions from Microsoft/Windows. It all seemed to go ok but nothing seems to be any different.I now have a shared folder with a hand under it and my printer has a hand under it,but if I try to print from my laptop it instructs me to add a printer.Also I can't get anything from my desktop onto laptop as I expected to. Can anyone help me as I am not upto doing these sort of jobs.
My desktop and laptop are both running XP.
Cheers Norman.

norman347
10-08-2008, 10:47 PM
I have been reading previous post and found the solution to my problem.For anyone else having same problem here is how to do it.
Insert \\name of computer in address bar of IE and all shared programs come up.Therefore if name of computer is "sexy sal" just type \\sexy sal and enter.
Cheers Norman.

eo777777
11-08-2008, 09:30 PM
if u have a firewall, try turning it off and then see. also, are both computers on the same domain?

byb3
16-08-2008, 01:57 PM
I assume your main printer is attached to the desktop, and you want to print from the laptop to this printer?

I think you have still need to add the printer on the laptop computer.

Try this page for a few tips:

Share Your Printer Over a Home Network Using Windows XP (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Good Luck.