PDA

View Full Version : Installing a new image - need some advice.

thermos
05-07-2006, 11:27 PM
I downloaded a newer neutrino image and tried to get it working by just copying some specific files to it from my older (working) neutrino image. This has worked to an extent, but it seems to have only worked for terrestrial channels and a few others. All the channels are listed, its just that most of them are blank. The ones that aren't showing up have 'N' highlighted from the list of letters at the bottom of the screen. I've had a good look at the files and folders on each image, and they both now look pretty identical. The same thing happened when i installed gemini 2.9. I'm not sure what im missing, perhaps some other kind of configuration or installation procedure I dont yet know about. Can anyone shed any light? Cheers. :)

osborne82
06-07-2006, 07:59 AM
I downloaded a newer neutrino image and tried to get it working by just copying some specific files to it from my older (working) neutrino image. This has worked to an extent, but it seems to have only worked for terrestrial channels and a few others. All the channels are listed, its just that most of them are blank. The ones that aren't showing up have 'N' highlighted from the list of letters at the bottom of the screen. I've had a good look at the files and folders on each image, and they both now look pretty identical. The same thing happened when i installed gemini 2.9. I'm not sure what im missing, perhaps some other kind of configuration or installation procedure I dont yet know about. Can anyone shed any light? Cheers. :)

is it the new neutrino image by any chance? if so u need to ftp the image over to your /tmp dir and update via the onscreen menu its in the read me file that came with the image :)

also make sure you have activated your choosed emu :)

cheers

thermos
06-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Oh, I didnt ftp the image over and update it via the menus, i just backup up my existing image and then flashed the new one. What i wanted to do was then add the necessary files, emus etc, to get it working a bit at a time in order to get a better understanding of everything thats needed.