PDA

View Full Version : mamma mia

Lainie
26-07-2008, 01:24 PM
went to the pics to see this a couple of weeks ago with a male companion i had to drag there and guess what - yip he loved it too. yes some of them cant sing very well but thats not what the film is about and they were all brilliant.

c'mon lads treat your mrs to a lil night out at the movies.

stevie01
28-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Getting dragged to watch it tonight.....help

DavC
29-07-2008, 02:10 PM
good luck steve! rather you than me mate!!

i've sat through more than my fair share of sh*te in the past, but there's not a chance i'm gonna be tricked into taking her to watch that. sorry! lol

plankton
30-07-2008, 09:07 PM
wife dragged me there today

got to say it was ok its a chick flick

but after seeing pierce brosnan try to sing
i can never watch james bond the same again lol

wife 9/10
me 6/10

caoimhe
30-07-2008, 11:14 PM
just watched it tonight.....

i thought it was brill

sucker for chick flicks

Lainie
31-07-2008, 12:30 AM
mon lads just admit it - you like abba

:rofl::dance::rofl:

caoimhe
03-08-2008, 06:37 PM
as i said, brilliant.... watched it a few time now...

closet abba fan :)

Lainie
03-08-2008, 10:01 PM
as i said, brilliant.... watched it a few time now...

closet abba fan :)

yes i think most men are but wont admit it. im glad you enjoyed the film. im trying my best to get him to take me to see it again but not having much luck!!

Diablo13
03-08-2008, 11:17 PM
I don't have a problem admitting to liking ABBA's music. I can sing along with most of the songs, the Carpenters as well! :banana4:
I am just not daft enough to do it in public, not with the price of eggs and all. :o

Not sure about wanting to watch the film though, will probably download it but not wasting good money to watch non singers spoil the music. :sh:

el mahico
04-08-2008, 12:05 PM
6/10 wearth a d/l not a cinema....maybe a orange wed!

hinamalik
08-09-2008, 09:28 PM
its not that bad, true not worth watching in a cinema

zedbee
03-10-2008, 01:48 PM
A bit of a late addition to the thread I know but I thought I'd share this with you all.

I too was taken along to see Mamma Mia but I first made the condition that we went to see Hell Boy the next night. Mamma Mia was OK, not really worth paying to go to see but I knew I had to if I wanted to see Hell Boy. So the next night it was her turn to go to my film which she wasn't to fussed on.

Anyway the bit that had us both in stitches was during Hell Boy when Abe was opening his hart to Hell Boy about his love for the princess and they both ended up singing Barry Manilow's 'Can't Live without You'. It just brought back Mamma Mia from the previous night and my girl couldn't understand why I could like that scene but not Mamma Mia.

Now if they could do a whole film of Hell Boy where they sing Barry Manilow tracks, that I would pay to see.

ZedBee
:woot:

Diablo13
03-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Now if they could do a whole film of Hell Boy where they sing Barry Manilow tracks, that I would pay to see.
ZedBee
:woot:

LOL the mind boggles. Don't say that too loud as it might happen, after all they did Sweeney Todd with Johnny Depp! :p

Tizzie
07-10-2008, 12:04 AM
hey

is that you lainie???

my new pal???

must be

and mama mia

have got that to watch and cant believe my son went with his pal to watch it

lol

they are 15 and now are listening to abba

so funny

Diablo13
07-10-2008, 12:32 AM
@ Tizzie
Well I hope you educated him because going to watch Mamma Mia is Not listening to ABBA. I am a fan of their music I admit, so please don't sully their good name by letting your son think that their great songs sounded like they did in the film, when they were world wide hits when sung proffessionally by the original group! :49:
Haven't you got some cd's or better still vinyl to let him listen to? :dj:

Tizzie
07-10-2008, 08:58 AM
@ Tizzie
Well I hope you educated him because going to watch Mamma Mia is Not listening to ABBA. I am a fan of their music I admit, so please don't sully their good name by letting your son think that their great songs sounded like they did in the film, when they were world wide hits when sung proffessionally by the original group! :49:
Haven't you got some cd's or better still vinyl to let him listen to? :dj:

Hey - totally agree

perhaps I should have reworded it

I am a huge abba fan and have all their music

He is listening to the originals - i hasten to add

And I have to admit to doing karaoke to some of their songs

a hoot!!

Diablo13
07-10-2008, 05:13 PM
LOL Tizzie it was only a bit of a wind up and not to be taken seriously. Glad he's listening to the originals. Just goes to show that good music will stand the test of time.
It has to be better than listening to the dodgy lyrics in Gangsta Rap or any rap crap which I think fills young peoples heads with bad ideas about how great it is to be a thug!
Welcome to the forums by the way, I hope you enjoy it here. v:Dv

Tizzie
08-10-2008, 09:50 AM
hey - am with u there re music

I grew up on "proper tunes" lol

but dont all the oldies say that lol

Thanks for the welcome

Looks a good forum with lots of info

Just got to work out how to get smileys, prob cos my post count is low

:D

Diablo13
08-10-2008, 02:54 PM
@ Tizzie,

When you post there's the smilies on the right hand side box. At the bottom it says more. Click on the 'more' and it opens a new window with hundreds of smilies. You don't need to copy and paste the text for the one you want, just make sure your cursor on the message screen is in the right place and click on the smilie you want to appear once, like so; :Hammer: :rofl: :lol3: :kissass::trustme: :fr: You get the idea.
I hope thats what you meant and it is helpful?

Tizzie
08-10-2008, 03:34 PM
@ Tizzie,

When you post there's the smilies on the right hand side box. At the bottom it says more. Click on the 'more' and it opens a new window with hundreds of smilies. You don't need to copy and paste the text for the one you want, just make sure your cursor on the message screen is in the right place and click on the smilie you want to appear once, like so; :Hammer: :rofl: :lol3: :kissass::trustme: :fr: You get the idea.
I hope thats what you meant and it is helpful?

That was helpful lol, but i dont have them available, they are trying to find out why

o well

ce la vie

will copy yours above, cos they show as txt

:Hammer: :rofl: :lol3: :kissass::trustme: :fr: