PDA

View Full Version : a fond farewell

Hunter
14-07-2008, 01:16 PM
well the time comes to us all eventually and i guess my time has come for me to bid you all farewell

as admin
i would like to say it was a pleasure running this place and watching new people arrive daily, some staying and becoming good friends and some grabing what they want and go.
people come and go in forums as they always will,and it just shows how good this place is by the amount of different categories we cover, from making wine to setting up your new HDMI

as a friend
to a lot of you i would like to say, it's not a sad day but a time to realize we do what we can for each other when we can, it,s up to you guys to keep spirits up and welcome new people into our home.
after many years in this place you tend to chose your friends rather than just picking a friend out and hoping there going to stay as long as you, and most of the time the friends i chose have been with me through thick and thin. some i brought here with me when the place first opened and some arrived like lost sheep looking for help
all of you are worthy of my friendship as i feel more that ecstatic that you are mine

as a developer
we all strive to make things work, not to please ourselves but to show others what is achievable and hopefully to show others that if we can do it so can you
to my fellow developers who indeed know who they are;) i offer you my thank's for sharing your ever growing wisdom
without your help places like this would be far and few
we give to everyone and ask for nothing in return

as for the reason
well lets just say our farewells and leave it at that

this is not a full goodbye it is only a step down from admin to registered user
so if an admin can do the the right thing for me i wold be more than happy to visit from time to time
:fy:

Happiness is the most important
thing for you to achieve in your life
Happiness can not be gained
It is earned by your heart
Happiness can be found
When you are close to God and obeying his words
Happiness can be found
When you show your kindness to others
Happiness can be found
When you are nice to those you hate
Happiness can be found
When you help others
Happiness are the love and kindness
And learn to enjoy what ever comes along
Happiness is not far away from you
It is close to you heart
Happiness is serving God for all eternity
and once you fulfilled your wish
then you are the most happiest man.

TokinWelshman
14-07-2008, 01:26 PM
well it looks like your mind is made up m8 for whatever reason.

i dont see you going back to a normal member m8 you are respected and you cant lose that.

good luck in what you decide to do in the future
and thankyou for giving us your time as admin.

see you around m8

thelostone
14-07-2008, 02:21 PM
H you have your reasons and we must respect them and i for one would like to say thanks for your frendship,help and church music.:roflmao:I wish you all the best in what ever path you take in life mate....on the plus side at least i can have a dig and i will not go yellow:roflmao:all the best my friend

pande_monium
14-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Are you even ALLOWED to leave ?? I don't think you've read the rules correctly mate... here, I'll quote them again for your ease of perusal:

"All members are free to come and go as they choose, except for those with the names - 'Gazer',....,.... 'Hunter',...,..,.. 'Berley',.. and .. . Should these people ever decide that they want to leave the wonderful world of WOD (or even step down from their duties) they will lined up against the wall and shot, till they agree to stay in their existing capacities." See what I mean? You really should be paying more attention to the rules.

Anyway, I owe you a lot, my friend. Thanks for being there everytime I needed your help. Much obliged. Just glad that you're not going away and that you'll still be at a message's reach away. Still, I wish you'd reconsider. In any case, I wish you find all the happiness you're looking for.

Gazer
14-07-2008, 03:20 PM
@ Hunter

Respected you are and Respected you will stay, as you know, you have help us build this place to what it is now, and yes i know this is the second time you have tried to step down and i know there might not be any stopping you this time, but you know were i am when you get the time again.
have a good rest and hope to see you back soon

Regards Gazer

berley
14-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Well looks like you?ve managed it this time hunter and you?ve got your wish to step down :(

In all the time I?ve known you; I can honestly say it?s been my pleasure.

A pleasure I didn?t have until world of digital was created, so I knew you first off as a member then a mod then admin, you?ve never changed from the person I first met and for that I have the greatest respect for you.

You?ve demonstrated the same level of commitment and support no matter what your title was.

Take care - regards berley

fergalsworld
14-07-2008, 04:49 PM
I can only second all what gazer has said you were here from the start and have help make wod what it is today
Have some quality time with your family especially marie i wish you both health, wealth and happiness
but dont be a stranger and call in when you get fed up of the nagging:)
Regards
Fergal.

renwich
14-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the world-0f-blue people m8, its good to have a rest, like me im sure you'l still be around. this place gets under your skin.

see you down the pub, mines a shandy

Magnu420
15-07-2008, 11:31 PM
sorry to see you step down munter,you been a sound guy ever since i known you
on here a shame we never met at that time when you went fishing with DD
im sure everyone will understand your reasons and your respects about your
desicision on this matter,good luck in the future cya bud have fun ;)

ticticboom
15-07-2008, 11:54 PM
thanks hunter you have been a legend gone but never forgoten cheers mate put ur feet up :D all the best. ticticboom

notanotherone
16-07-2008, 01:34 AM
can only reitirate what everyone else has said sorry to see you go but needs must,you will allways have my respect not just as admin from which you done a sterling job but now as a respected member of this forum,many a time you pulled me out of a tight corner and ill allways thank you for it ,i know where to get you should i ever need your help in anyway again so stick around and dont go too far

buckthehero
16-07-2008, 09:53 AM
I cant believe it, again!!!
We have been around some forums m8, I think I follow you more than you follow me, but always seems to natter in the same places. Could never get up to you'r status, but then again I have my own reasons for not spending 24 -7 on here.
You have been GOD on here along with Gaz, and will be missed by everyone - your name will be mentioned and new members will learn your greatness by word of mouth instead of experiencing first hand for themselves. You will not be forgotten and may you and your family be happy in whatever you do.

GAZ - can we get a new status set up for such an event

HUNTER - LEGEND

I have still got your address so dont think I wont still send you stuff! Come back soon

Buck

Collider
18-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Gutted your going but from what i said last time we spoke family first and everything else second(saying that WOD is a very tight second)

probably a handful of people like you,gazer and DD that has actually moulded me into the depths of dboxes and the like that has made me more of the man i am today with reagrds to the knowledge,we all love banter but by far its the helping and the little rush to the brain when i have helped someone that doesnt know what they are doing(i was once a noob aswell you know :) ) is the best feeling in the world.

Give my best to marie and the girls and you might be gone from admin but never ever forgotten :)

pipehose
19-07-2008, 12:04 AM
good luck all the best in what ever you choose to do

Lainie
19-07-2008, 07:54 PM
i would just like to say thank you for all the help you have given me. for being my friend and treating me as an equal. we all need to take a step back from time to time and live in the real world. i will always be there to listen or help in any way i can - just they way you have with me over the last couple of years. there arent many people that have crossed the line from internet buddies to my friends but you did.

please take care of you.

lorraine

xxx

dil
20-07-2008, 05:58 PM
I remember when you came into the dbox scene with your own image, that blew loads of people away what a fantasic job you & your team did there and the support you provided us all from your own time and kindness, Thankyou. My self as well as many others out there are very greatfull to what you have done as a developer.
As an admin your an ideal admin for a top forum like this one, where we all have a laff no tense threads and no personal attacks,
Thankyou for being a great admin and maintaining your awesome personality as a admin.
For what ever reason your stepping down, i'm happy for what ever you choses i'm so glad that you will be sticking around :)
P.S. I hope your not going back into stripping ;)

wullboy
20-07-2008, 07:26 PM
get back ,,, your needed in the wod radio m8, all the best m8

MaD FOr iT
21-07-2008, 05:10 PM
gl hunter :)