PDA

View Full Version : HD Europen satellite

pac_man
12-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi im looking to get European satellite to watch prem football and movies. I am a newbie to this and wanted to know what i need exactly. Also are any HD channels availavble on European SAtelitte?

thanks
PaC-Man:high:

krazylegz
13-07-2008, 01:03 PM
digitalab on 16e shows a lot of premiership footy, well they did last year hopefully they do this year, to get this this you need a official card and at the minute paired receiver from them.

premiere on 19.2e also has hd sports, whilst this is currently hacked it could go off at any time unfortunately and for this a linux based HD box like the dreambox 800 or non linux like technomate 6900 will be fine m8

pac_man
13-07-2008, 09:22 PM
which would be a better box out of the two? and what dish is required? Along with how wasy is it to srtup etc.

Thanks mate

aldo2332
14-07-2008, 02:04 PM
which would be a better box out of the two? and what dish is required? Along with how wasy is it to srtup etc.
Thanks mate

Technomate 6900 is the cheapest over dreambox 800 by approx. ?100 difference. Do you have a dish & motor already? If not its best to find a full package of everything you need. I have a 100cm dish you need at least a 90cm dish. If you are needing to view channels on different satellites e.g 19.2e & 16e then you need a motor for your dish. Digitalb subscription (16e) is a couple of hundred per year aswell. Its worth it if you love your football tho!

pac_man
14-07-2008, 11:29 PM
At the moment i have nothing... :(

But im looking to get a good quality 100cm dish with motor fitted asap. The box is my main concern as i want a box that is sort of plug n play or a box that is user friendly in terms of uploading updates etc.
Does anyone know what HD Channnels are available? and how many also what is being broadcasted at the mo 720p or 1080i?

aldo2332
15-07-2008, 02:02 PM
At the moment i have nothing... :(
But im looking to get a good quality 100cm dish with motor fitted asap. The box is my main concern as i want a box that is sort of plug n play or a box that is user friendly in terms of uploading updates etc.
Does anyone know what HD Channnels are available? and how many also what is being broadcasted at the mo 720p or 1080i?

theres not a lot of HD channels available but heres a few in english. (suscription may be needed for some)
Filmbox HD
HBO HD
MGM HD (hotbird 13.e)
Eurosport HD (hotbird 13.e)
Digitalb HD 1-4 (Eutelsat 16.e)
Supersport HD 1 & 2 (Eutelsat 16.e)

I couldnt tell you exactly which is easiest because ive never had a tm6900 or dreambox but suspect its quite difficult for a newbie to learn how to update either of the boxes mentioned. I would recommend staring with something simple then once set up you can perhaps purchase a HD box & go from there. Theres plenty of help available.