PDA

View Full Version : Nokia N95 screen orientation

Upspouter
26-06-2008, 06:25 PM
I am running Garmin XT on my N95, which works perfectly in every sitiation, except in my Landrover. It's 32 years old running on leaf springs that are so harsh and unforgiving that every time I go over the slightest ripple, hole, drain, speedramp, crack or grain of sand, the internal accelerometer in the phone thinks I want to change the screen orientation, and duly obliges. The outcome is that I can rarely see my route on the screen because it is constantly in a state of flux between portrait/landscape mode.

Anyone know any way of locking it in the landscape mode? I can lock it in portrait by switching the screen change mode off, but that is not what I want.

Magnu420
26-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Auto rotation: when you turn your device, the screen automatically rotates.

To rotate the screen, keep this application opened and rotate the phone.
To close rotateMe go to Options -> Exit.
You can disable auto-rotation by pressing simultaneously Pen and Camera keys.
Settings:

Sensitivity:More sensitivity is set to a high value, more the display will rotate with a minor needing of rotation of the phone.
Reactivity: The lower this setting is, the longer you have to keep your phone in landscape/portrait position to rotate the screen.
Auto Start: Enable this setting to launch rotateMe automatically at the phone boot.
Autorotation switch type:
- Hotkey: Disable autorotation by pressing simultaneously 'Pen' and 'Camera' keys.
- By launching: Disable autorotation by launching rotateMe. To launch the app, launch it from menu.
Inactivity Delay: After this delay of inactivity, auto-rotation will be stopped. Press a key, or unlock the keypad, to reactivate auto-rotation.
Priority: High priority allows a better reactivity when big apps are launched.
System App.: When activated, this setting prevents rotateMe to be closed by the OS in low RAM conditions.
Hidden App.: Enable this setting to hide rotateMe from the tasks list.Note: If you enable "Hidden App." or "System App." you will not be able to close rotateMe from tasks list.

i hope this helps.....

Upspouter
27-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Hmmmm. Yes - this is indeed correct if I happened to have Rotateme installed. However, with the current firmware ASR is included, and has none of the options that Rotateme has. I did consider installing Rotateme alongside the Nokia app, and in fact made an initial attempt - but it failed to run/install correctly. I was hoping for a clever trick to make the bulit-in app lock on landscape - but in truth it was a long shot as I don't think it is possible. I will have another go at Rotateme.