PDA

View Full Version : Any other type of World of Warcraft games out there?

thelostone
26-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Can any one tell me if there is a World of Warcraft type of game that my son can download/play with out having to subscribe to ie free?I no nothing about this so i thought i had better ask you lot,i have read the thread about free servers but am a little worried about bugs ect for him to go this route thanks

DavC
26-06-2008, 09:17 AM
not a fan of WoW but one of my mates is, the private servers are usually free (he's in the process of setting up his own server at the mo)

if he finds a busy one he should be fine. yes there may be a few bugs in there, but it's not gonna stop him playing the game.

obviously i don't know your son, but keep an eye out, Wow can be very addictive :(

little_pob
26-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Have you looked at Guild Wars? Guild Wars (series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars)

Its ?17.99 for the original game and each add on expansion but thats for life, no monthly fees ever.

Min spec: 800MHz CPU, 256Mb RAM, ATI Radeon 8500 or GeForce 3 graphics card or above with 32Mb VRAM, 2GB hard drive space, DVD-ROM drive, 16-bit soundcard, 56k internet.

The only down side is you can only get to level 20. This should change with GW2 but I don't know if you'll be able to import your original Guild Wars characters, plus there is no official launch date yet.

Worth pointing out that it has a plegi age guidance of 12+

I have an unused 10 hour/14 day (which ever soonest) trial code from 2006 that may still work if you want to try it? (download the game from the official website)