PDA

View Full Version : cant get it to move

notanotherone
23-06-2008, 03:02 PM
ok bit of help here please,have installed dish with motor and tested it it runs from south to west np and south east np (manualy)i have dk image on it and when i tell it to go to thor it turns then goes back to the zero position?the bracket it plumb on every way and am sure ive put in the correct settings for lat/long Lat: 56:00:37N (56.01031)
Lon: 3:42:37W (-3.71039) there are no limits set on the motor and i can turn it np

fatman
23-06-2008, 06:43 PM
wot happens if you tell it to do a blind scan on 19.2 for example

notanotherone
23-06-2008, 08:07 PM
absouloutly nothing no lock no nothing as i say when i ask it to go to 0 it does it when i want to scan west i pick a satalite and it moves to that satalite but just comes stright back to zero

Magnu420
23-06-2008, 10:32 PM
not clued up on sats,but does the image support dsql i think or summat like that,have you made
sure the alignment is set right,sounds like its not locking onto sats,have you plugged the thing in,
they should be some setting in the menu of box

i hope this helps......

just to add is the motor lined up squared with the bracket????

fatman
23-06-2008, 11:55 PM
wot box are you using,

Magnu420
24-06-2008, 12:02 AM
wot box are you using,

probilly that cardboard one what he bought of fleabay :roflmao:

notanotherone
24-06-2008, 08:07 AM
am using a pli image,it supports multi disql asnd everything lined up asnd that too

Sicilian
24-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Give it a slap with a big sledge hammer :p

notanotherone
24-06-2008, 05:25 PM
i think im getting this into my head now i think the reason its returning to zero is its not finding any satalites,i can set it to go to a saved limits and postion`s, say as far west and as far east so if the furthest sat is 166 and i saved postion 1 it will go to that and the furthest west say is 188 and postion 2 it will go to that so its doing what it should :roflmao:still cant find thor but am luving it

fergalsworld
24-06-2008, 05:31 PM
You need to put you reciever on bbcworld fta channel on 1w thor then manually point your dish to 1w thor until you get a picture you might have to tweak the left/right, elevetion , etc

notanotherone
25-06-2008, 10:18 AM
ok still far*** about with this for some reason i cant get anything,maybe its not pointing south rite and thast why im having problems dont know ive downloaded captains settings but not sure which directory they go in and if it would help or not
the first picture shows elevation but this is wrong and i have now sorted it as you can see i had it set to the rite position from the dirty marks,i set it up on the deck and it said latidude which is on the other side but when i put dish up i looke at the wrong side and set it to wot you see ,the second picture is of elevation to dish which i assume is correct ,now i think i need south to set it right

notanotherone
25-06-2008, 04:43 PM
ok dont know wot i done but i done something right (for a change)manged to get a lock on about 5 sats and scanned got loads of channels from first scan but it came back with a fatal error this is it

couldnt open service file-create/var/tuxbox/config/enigma

Sicilian
25-06-2008, 05:00 PM
ok dont know wot i done but i done something right (for a change)manged to get a lock on about 5 sats and scanned got loads of channels from first scan but it came back with a fatal error this is it
couldnt open service file-create/var/tuxbox/config/enigma

Is the a service file in that directory? If so try CHMOD 755 that directory. Long shot, but that's all I can think of :)

notanotherone
25-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Is the a service file in that directory? If so try CHMOD 755 that directory. Long shot, but that's all I can think of :)
its when i finish scanning it lloks like it having a problem creating a file

Sicilian
25-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Chmod the directory to 755 anyway, maybe it's read only directory.

krazylegz
26-06-2008, 12:59 AM
try as sic says and chmod it and try that but really you shouldnt have to.

i would download and put on a settings list so they're are all ready, set receiver to BBC world on thor(1w) then go up ladder and manually adjust dish up,down,left and right till you can get the best picture possible with no BER, and as this is the strongest transponder you should get excellent signal when alligned properly.

oh a tip when your tightening bracket turn left hand nut say 2 turns then the right hand one, then the left ,then the right etc just gradually nip it up evenly like that as the motor starts to move if not done like that lol

notanotherone
26-06-2008, 12:26 PM
ok story so far thanks to a lot of help from everyone on all fronts have managed to get an image on it (nabilo one)and get it to scan,i only did a few sat like astra 19 and eurobird and astra 2 but it locked onto them and i did a scan it created bouquets for each satalite and put service files in them now i can see them ,bbc1 3 stv itv and all the usual ,but when i say go into bbc on astra 19.2 (or whatever its called )i get this message "please wait while the motor is turning to 19.2 e"but its been on there for half an hour? any ideas what wrong this time?

Satsearching
26-06-2008, 12:40 PM
What make of motor is it, how old is it, and is it deffo usals compatable?

SS

Sicilian
26-06-2008, 01:43 PM
ok story so far thanks to a lot of help from everyone on all fronts have managed to get an image on it (nabilo one)and get it to scan,i only did a few sat like astra 19 and eurobird and astra 2 but it locked onto them and i did a scan it created bouquets for each satalite and put service files in them now i can see them ,bbc1 3 stv itv and all the usual ,but when i say go into bbc on astra 19.2 (or whatever its called )i get this message "please wait while the motor is turning to 19.2 e"but its been on there for half an hour? any ideas what wrong this time?

I pretty sure a good whack with a hammer on the motor will solve that one :roflmao:

notanotherone
26-06-2008, 09:17 PM
i now can tell it to go to 28.2 and it does it .so do you think its something else?ive told it to go to the 19.2 and 28.2 and the 23.8 (think thats the other one on astra and it goes to them but mind you am only picking up them 3 sats but hey at least its astart and am getting good qaulity pictures lol

i defo know that the 28.2 one is correct becasue its the same channel list i have when i set up my box with the old sly dish i had on the wall ,everything matches and when i tell it to goto that sat it does it,so wot is the other 2 i have picked ?and as i say its still only 3 sats or what i think is 3 lol

Magnu420
26-06-2008, 10:16 PM
cant you borrow a sat meter or get the local sat installer in,he would have got it set up by now lol

Satsearching
26-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Try the other way, 30'W (Spanish Hispasat) Euronews 12092 V tp 60 should be a strong signal to test with.

Hispasat 1C/1D at 30.0?W - LyngSat (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. The transponder beam for that should be easy to get in all of the UK

Hispasat 1C at 30.0?W - LyngSat Maps (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Are you in a position to stand next to your dish and see the telly? Pulling/pushing gently on the top/bottom/left/right of your dish while watching the signal strength on telly will help to work out correct alignment.

Or are you still having probs getting the dish to move when expected?

SS

notanotherone
27-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Try the other way, 30'W (Spanish Hispasat) Euronews 12092 V tp 60 should be a strong signal to test with.
Hispasat 1C/1D at 30.0?W - LyngSat (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. The transponder beam for that should be easy to get in all of the UK
Hispasat 1C at 30.0?W - LyngSat Maps (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Are you in a position to stand next to your dish and see the telly? Pulling/pushing gently on the top/bottom/left/right of your dish while watching the signal strength on telly will help to work out correct alignment.
Or are you still having probs getting the dish to move when expected?
SS
nope dish moves np now i have what im sure is 28,2 astra 2/3/4/5/ casue i have all the channels and they are picture quality perfect i have 2 others but ppl are telling me they cant be whta i think they are which is 19.2 astra and 23.5 coudl i be put with my south setting?

fergalsworld
27-06-2008, 10:28 AM
nope dish moves np now i have what im sure is 28,2 astra 2/3/4/5/ casue i have all the channels and they are picture quality perfect i have 2 others but ppl are telling me they cant be whta i think they are which is 19.2 astra and 23.5 coudl i be put with my south setting?
The easiest way to check is put it on 28.2 and do you get all the bbc1,itv1 channels showing when you are on 28.2 if you do its in the correct position.

notanotherone
27-06-2008, 11:16 AM
The easiest way to check is put it on 28.2 and do you get all the bbc1,itv1 channels showing when you are on 28.2 if you do its in the correct position.
yep i get them all ,i get everything thats on the sky package for that particular sat, these are pictures of what i get as you can see one of them is bbc1 "houses under auction" and the other is the audi channel as you can see the logo in the left hand corner the others show bouquets and channels and also sats i have found but its still only 3 as you csan see the picture quality is excelent

fergalsworld
27-06-2008, 12:48 PM
The first picture says its on 28.2e bottom right corner but the 2nd 2 pictures says its on 19.2 and you dont get those channels on 19.2e so something is wrong it dont look aligned right maybe the arc is out check the pole is level and put the box on Thor 1w on bbc world then point your dish south and manually tweak it until you get a clear picture with a good signal this is the first channel you need to clear forget about 28.2 and 19.2e
Check the pole is level all around because it looks like the arc is not correct.