PDA

View Full Version : Online Insane

Upspouter
18-06-2008, 12:11 AM
I keep trying to play online racing games (currently GRID), and am really fed up with leading in to the fist corner, breaking at the last possible moment, and getting 11 cars up my rear-end putting me in to last place! GRRR.

pande_monium
19-06-2008, 12:04 PM
I keep trying to play online racing games (currently GRID), and am really fed up with leading in to the fist corner, breaking at the last possible moment, and getting 11 cars up my rear-end putting me in to last place! GRRR.

You're going too fast into the turn... ease off on the gas but don't brake... get on the outer side of the road for the turn and as soon as you start your turn, accelerate.

Away you goooooooo...

Upspouter
19-06-2008, 05:34 PM
No - it's not ME going too fast - I brake at the perfect time in the perfect place and everyone behind me fails to brake AT ALL and plows in to ME. The level of driving skill on display is shocking! I have driven a fair few of these racetracks (well, OK just Donnington) at full racing speed for real, so I CAN drive - and the skills are transferrable to gaming - even arcady(sp?) gaming like Grid. and I have played racing games for 20 years (I am a Mario Kart grand master!!). I know where to brake - just no-one else seems to (besides yourself, of course!)

I have taken to not bothering to accelerate when the lights go green, cruise to the first corner and pass the jumble of mangled wreckage that used to be my competitors.

pande_monium
20-06-2008, 03:08 PM
No - it's not ME going too fast - I brake at the perfect time in the perfect place and everyone behind me fails to brake AT ALL and plows in to ME. The level of driving skill on display is shocking! I have driven a fair few of these racetracks (well, OK just Donnington) at full racing speed for real, so I CAN drive - and the skills are transferrable to gaming - even arcady(sp?) gaming like Grid. and I have played racing games for 20 years (I am a Mario Kart grand master!!). I know where to brake - just no-one else seems to (besides yourself, of course!)

I have taken to not bothering to accelerate when the lights go green, cruise to the first corner and pass the jumble of mangled wreckage that used to be my competitors.

LOL... then why didn't you say so :roflmao: ! That's what online gaming is all about... next time dont get first... stay second/third and then smash into the guy in front of you !

You're quite right... I kinda tend to stay away from online gaming myself. I thought I was good when I finished my 1st ever PS3 game - Resistance:Fall of man, in Hard/Difficult mode... and decided to go online with my new found expertise... but NOOO !! Got shot down in so many different ways... I just gave up trying to stay alive !

Upspouter
20-06-2008, 05:12 PM
This is true.

Whilst there are a large numeber of utterly useless online players out there, there are some that are SOOO good that playing against them is pointless. I have been playing a lot of GTA4 online, and on occations meet some players that are unbelievable. But I have no problem being thrashed by a better player, so long as it helps me to become better, too.

watto_uk
21-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Annoying, isn't it ? I've stopped playing Grid online for the same reason. :cussing: