PDA

View Full Version : What channels can you get on FreesatfromSky that you can't get on Freesat?

markymids
17-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Is it just the channel 5 suite, and Sky Three?

DessertDog
17-06-2008, 01:03 PM
If you are trying to compare FreeSat that you get Free Hi Def on to sky Free channels as far as i know the Difference is that you dont pay for Hi Def on FreeSat thats the one where you pay a one off payment for HiDef box and installation total cost is around the 230.00 mark as for freesat on sky i have no idea but if you use google and type in freesat you can see what channels you will get ITV have just started transmiting Hi Def on freesat providing you have the HiDef box that is.You can however use your sky sat and lnb to receive FreeSat but you will need to buy a FreeSat box.

markymids
17-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks but I thought there was some channels (standard def ones) that you couldn't get on Freesat, but which were FTV (free-to-view) if you had a sky box and FTV card.

Just wondering what channels they are? I know channel 5 is one of them.

DessertDog
17-06-2008, 02:27 PM
you should get most of the freeview channels if you use google search it will show you.

Collider
17-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Sky Freesat channels FREESAT from Sky - What's on TV - FREESAT from Sky (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Freesat channels
freesat - What's On (http://www.freesat.co.uk/index.php?page=whatson.Main)

lincsat
18-06-2008, 02:08 AM
Freesat only has around 75 channels (TV & Radio) on the EPG, Freesat from Sky has about 200 free channels on the EPG.

Freesat is getting there - but it's not there yet :)

redfin
18-06-2008, 06:18 AM
i currently have freeview and don't watch a lot of tv so sky isnt an option. i'm looking into buying freesat but having seen the current channel list not sure if it would be an upgrade at this time, hd sport is a big plus but other than that there isnt much. any idea when new channels will be coming?

DessertDog
18-06-2008, 06:27 AM
New channels are being added each month there is a link in this thread take a look m8