PDA

View Full Version : Gemini or Neutrino

TheObserver
21-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Just wondering what everyones preferences and thoughts are about Gemini and Neutrino.

I have tried both but I have switched back to Neutrino because it feels more user friendly and more stable, at least on my box!

:3:

osborne82
21-05-2006, 12:50 PM
gotta say gemini for me as its been the most stable image ive found :) at least on my box, i find the menus a ball ach to start of with but once uv found your way round it all good.

gemini images seem to have more available ie plugins etc too so i like it now but still i miss my now and next epg that i get from neutrino images :(

just my thoughts on it lol each to there own

cheers

osborne82

oddstruck
21-05-2006, 06:19 PM
..................gemini images seem to have more available ie plugins etc too so i like it now but still i miss my now and next epg that i get from neutrino images :(

osborne82

Talking about plugins , is the nas-lan drive plugin available for gemini images?

osborne82
21-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Talking about plugins , is the nas-lan drive plugin available for gemini images?

if your nas drive supports samba then u shouldnt need a plugin for gemini images ive found the best way to mount the nas drive is through gemini web interface,
the only problem is theres no display to say its recording on the dreambox :(
but its only a small thing really nowt to worry about

cheers

osborne82

oddstruck
21-05-2006, 08:54 PM
if your nas drive supports samba then u shouldnt need a plugin for gemini images ive found the best way to mount the nas drive is through gemini web interface,
the only problem is theres no display to say its recording on the dreambox :(
but its only a small thing really nowt to worry about

cheers

osborne82

Thanks, yes my box supports samba file server and ftp. They are a great bit of kit freeing up the db from being hooked up a PC all the time. Top marks for whoever spotted/proved their application with a DB.

I will give it a try out next time I swap images. Is the flashing lights display part of the plugin then?

osborne82
21-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks, yes my box supports samba file server and ftp. They are a great bit of kit freeing up the db from being hooked up a PC all the time. Top marks for whoever spotted/proved their application with a DB.

I will give it a try out next time I swap images. Is the flashing lights display part of the plugin then?

the flashing lights is part of neutrino itself, ive had my lan drive for a good few months now and i would defo recomend it to anyone, recordings are perfect and its nice to have all my mp3s in one place and all controlled from my remote great :) :)

cheers

osborne82

notanotherone
21-05-2006, 09:36 PM
hi m8(and osborne )for me it has to be neutrino i have had it on since i bought the box i have had a neutrino image on i can never get the hang of gemini unlike osborne who is really good with these images

oddstruck
21-05-2006, 09:54 PM
the flashing lights is part of neutrino itself, ive had my lan drive for a good few months now and i would defo recomend it to anyone, recordings are perfect and its nice to have all my mp3s in one place and all controlled from my remote great :) :)

cheers

osborne82

Yes, the pictures quality is very good. The only thing that is lacking, or I have not found it, is some means of fast forward on the movie player to skip through the adverts , although being able to jump by 1 , 5 or 10 mins does help

TheObserver
21-05-2006, 09:56 PM
I think that the Neutrino version that I keep on going back to is 90% reliable but I am concerned about my versions support going forward. This is why I have decided to try and move to the gemini image.

speedy5
22-05-2006, 12:19 AM
I like the gemini image better myself but always have a problem with front row on gemini , so i am back on neutrino where my front row works ...... but would like to get gemini workin :)

osborne82
22-05-2006, 11:46 AM
I like the gemini image better myself but always have a problem with front row on gemini , so i am back on neutrino where my front row works ...... but would like to get gemini workin :)

have you tried gemini 2.9 as ive been told frontrow is ok on this one maybe worth a go :) :)

cheers

osborne82

sws
22-05-2006, 01:11 PM
I have had most success with the neutrino images, I have had issues with gemini images (mounting and recording to a network hard drive and also fixing screen res to 16:9)
Saying that I can't get the latest neutrino (0319) version to record succesfully to network drive so I'm on previous version.
I have a dreambox 500C, I would be interested if to know if any of you are using the same and if you have had similar problems
cheers
sws

osborne82
22-05-2006, 01:27 PM
I have had most success with the neutrino images, I have had issues with gemini images (mounting and recording to a network hard drive and also fixing screen res to 16:9)
Saying that I can't get the latest neutrino (0319) version to record succesfully to network drive so I'm on previous version.
I have a dreambox 500C, I would be interested if to know if any of you are using the same and if you have had similar problems
cheers
sws

ive only ever had a problem with recording with uko2 and uko4 images as some of the recording coding was missed out from them ( dont know why lol )
with other images ive never had any problems with recording :) to a shared drive
your problems with mounting and recording with gemini images are prob due to the mount point being wrong thats all,
when you mount a shared drive with gemini you must always point it to

/hdd/movie
as it wont work for recording with any other mount point

hope this helps

cheers
osborne82

sws
22-05-2006, 01:46 PM
ive only ever had a problem with recording with uko2 and uko4 images as some of the recording coding was missed out from them ( dont know why lol )
with other images ive never had any problems with recording :) to a shared drive
your problems with mounting and recording with gemini images are prob due to the mount point being wrong thats all,
when you mount a shared drive with gemini you must always point it to
/hdd/movie
as it wont work for recording with any other mount point
hope this helps
cheers
osborne82

hi,
thx for the info I use /hdd/movie with the neutrino, I have no probs mounting the drive as I can playback and view previous records but when I try to record it states its not writable ! I have this working fine on the previous version to Neutrino.Dream 0319 so I have to stick to this for now. I tried the uk02 image on the weekend but had similar issues.
Perhaps I'll give the latest gemini a try :D

ooooozzzing
23-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Gemini for me mate, stability goes along long way in my books, running 2.9 at the moment no problems at all YET

ooooozzzing
24-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Just been doing some tests, with neutrino, i have to connect my cable feed to a booster, to stop signal break up, on quite a few channels.

On Gemini i do not need the booster, and there is no channel break up.

Does anyone out there know, why this is????

osborne82
24-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Just been doing some tests, with neutrino, i have to connect my cable feed to a booster, to stop signal break up, on quite a few channels.
On Gemini i do not need the booster, and there is no channel break up.
Does anyone out there know, why this is????

its just enigma images are better at dealing with low signals (from my experiance anyway)
ive used loads of dif images both enigma and neutrino images and i always get some kind of pic breakup with neutrino but its always rock solid with gemini :)
strange 8-}

cheers
osborne82

thermos
06-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Whats the make and model of the booster you're using there ooooozzzing? I've been thinking about getting one too, but i wasnt sure which would be best suited.

bloodstone1964
18-06-2006, 04:21 PM
gemini image very good works great with a lan drive.....:wink:

baggy69
22-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Gemini for me, still using 2.5 as i havent had a problem with it.

italix
23-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Gemini, although it's not that pretty to look at.

pac_man
24-06-2006, 03:50 PM
I have heard gemini is better but i am using neutrinouk05 which freezes every day! Does any one know when a new neutrino based image will be available?

sws
25-06-2006, 07:44 AM
where do you get the UK 05, 04 etc images from, I'd really like to try these out but the only place that seems to have them are on the other site like this, which I cant get on because it states my email address has been banned when I try to reg

eeyzka
27-06-2006, 10:35 PM
gota say i prefer gemini but recently gemini 2.9 has been freezing on a next level and sum channel r missing

popshopper
02-07-2006, 07:09 PM
I prefer Gemini, the interface is a bit messy tho

southmed
04-07-2006, 06:48 PM
ive always used gemini images
currently using gemini 2.9 doesnt freeze and have front rows

colinm66656
16-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi any advise which Neutrino image to use for the 500c please.
Thanks(:|

sws
17-08-2006, 10:54 AM
V2 is the latest its in download section mate, its the original release so no emu etc included, if it helps I can upload a backup of mine but I'm afraid its not sorted into bouquets. let me know if you'd like me to upload
cheers
SwS

icaicm
18-08-2006, 10:59 PM
for me gemini does the jobby. i find it more stable and more realibale then neutrino plus i get all my front rows with no breakups or freezing.

rls
18-08-2006, 11:20 PM
neutrino rools!

blackcobrauk
19-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Neutrino for me maybe coz i've used dbox b4 find it easy to use and setup i'm using uk04 and after days of trying 2 setup 2 record found out u cant with 04 without server or something never had any other probs. any1 can tell us wots the diff from uk04 and V2 Neutrino ? which is better? and y?

Destriero
19-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Aye, neutrino for me to.

zaf786
21-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Hi gemini for me neutrino good images but remind me of dbox**Zaf786**

ghostblue
21-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Neutrino has EPG but Gemini is more stable!

I personally use Neutrino as I cann't stand having hundreds of channels without knowing what is on!!!

lionhart99
21-08-2006, 04:24 PM
gemini image is much better then Neutrino ...no freezing issue and full epg too.

nayparm
24-08-2006, 02:23 AM
Neutrino for me, always mod the latest rudbox straight away. Keep trying enigma stuff. I really can't do with the layout of everything. I have come from dbox2 neutrino modding and building though.

Nayparm

dav51
26-08-2006, 01:51 PM
I've just bought a 500c because I've got no image and can't download it from anywhere (only just joined) Does any know where I can download gemini freely, and how I go about setting it up.

Thanks

Dave

DessertDog
26-08-2006, 02:02 PM
I've just bought a 500c because I've got no image and can't download it from anywhere (only just joined) Does any know where I can download gemini freely, and how I go about setting it up.
Thanks
Dave
you can download it Freely as you call it from here but you cant leech that means you have to do some posting you will find most places like this have the same sort of rules so get posting lol there are plenty of sections here to post in just make sure you dont post crap cos crap is no good have fun

ooooozzzing
02-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Gemini for me as well, alot more stable, and dont need a booster

hopefuldreamer
08-10-2006, 08:09 PM
neutrino for me.
I can live with the occassional crash and reboot.
the gemini looked so cheep last time I loaded a version

TheObserver
18-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Well I can't believe I started this thread 5 months ago, how time fly's! I've got fed up of Neutrino crashing lately especially when using my NAS drive so I have decided to try a few other images again(as you do) and see if it gets a little bit more stable.

Griz
05-11-2006, 01:13 PM
whats a good neutrino image for the dreambox then?

frank71
08-11-2006, 01:43 PM
In my opinion the best for Dreambox is an Image with Enigma, cause it's more stable! Neutrino is the best for Dbox.

T4i
22-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Neutrino UK04 is 100% stable for me. Not had to reboot since I bought my dreambox back in Sep 06.

Only prob I have with UK04 is the EPG full channel listing is hit'n'miss as to how far ahead it will cache.

Some channels only show whats on half hour in front.....other channels show 12 hours in front......

Weird!

thecaptain
25-11-2006, 12:58 PM
have been using a neutrino image for over year now, never really had too many problems with it - just the occasional reboot, but i can live with that in order to have now & next info

BraveHeart
30-11-2006, 01:06 AM
i tried neutrino way back when i first got my box and the picture had bad breakup etc but gemini was a lot better, that was my experience anyways.

ac-milan
30-11-2006, 04:08 PM
i just saw Gemini 3.2 somewhere German site ( mostly deals with sat files), any idea guys if that version is fine?

otherwise can u direct me to the latest Nutrino version to download please?

thanx

chickenlittle
30-11-2006, 05:36 PM
I have recently seen gemini 3.2 with platinum skin WITH now and next. Its so good looking that I would prefer it over the neutrino eassily.

BraveHeart
30-11-2006, 05:47 PM
i just saw Gemini 3.2 somewhere German site ( mostly deals with sat files), any idea guys if that version is fine?
thanx
yes mate, 3.2 is fine, try and make sure the image you get though has the scanning options for your cable company, I.E - telepest or ntl etc, or even brutforce option for channel scanning :)

DessertDog
30-11-2006, 05:52 PM
thanx
you could try searching for it you may get a surprise lol

sauly
14-12-2006, 09:07 PM
gemini or neutrino? after reading the comments so far its 50/50
think ill go for neutrino first then gemini if i dont like it lol

chickenlittle
14-12-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm changing my mind, neutrino is far more stable than gemini .... I feel like a Tory ...

sini
17-12-2006, 09:55 PM
can i ask a stupid question here?
is enigma a version of a gemini image?
and neutrino something else?

chickenlittle
17-12-2006, 10:18 PM
yep thats correct (afaik !). They are all much of a muchness. Many people prefer neutrino for its ease of use.

BraveHeart
17-12-2006, 10:34 PM
can i ask a stupid question here?
is enigma a version of a gemini image?
and neutrino something else?
gemini mate iam sure.

omoeko
18-12-2006, 01:41 AM
For me, Neutrino would be ideal...

sini
18-12-2006, 10:14 PM
ok my new box has enigma and seems to lose picture every 8 hours at which point i need to reboot it.
looks like i'll be flashing to neutrino this weekend.
could this be a problem with the box or the image? the reason i ask is if i change the image then i can no longer return the box :(

BraveHeart
18-12-2006, 10:30 PM
ok my new box has enigma and seems to lose picture every 8 hours at which point i need to reboot it.
looks like i'll be flashing to neutrino this weekend.
could this be a problem with the box or the image? the reason i ask is if i change the image then i can no longer return the box :(
its hit n miss mate, neutrino works for some people and gemini is better for some people, its trial on error, i know that i tried neutrino and the picture broke up like feck, and then i tried gemini and its just about 99% spot on, if you have a crap signal from the street it can cause problems too, especially if you have any splitters getting used going to other box's or modems etc, this was the case with me and i had to buy a simple tv signal booster and after that everything was fine, if i was you i would try latest gemini 3.20 image if not already done so, if not then watch for tell tale signs of poor signal like picture break up or channels not showing etc (blank screen), i dunno why it would take 8 hours to feck up though ?? but as i say, its all hit n miss, if you dont try , you'll never know mate.

:)

edit :>> iam in a pure ntl area.

davep
31-05-2007, 10:12 PM
is dbox2 different? you normally have nerino installed then you can chosse commondo, or other images? im conffessed or does this get install at the same time, im looking to buy a dreambox and so i need to know how set set it up

(sorry for invadeing your thread)

t3rry
04-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi
Must agree Neutrino easy to use Gemini Can be complicated

Hunter
04-06-2007, 10:38 PM
i,ve tried both and was a little upset that the neutrino was not as good as i expected, so for me i,m going to pick Gemini as its easy to use, well laid out and works well for me

dream 2075

Timoweb
05-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Images change and scince this thread has started Gemini is very different. Gemini has added (or we have) alot of the nice features we like from neutrino and made work on Gemini (check 600 PLi). I am sure neutrino is the same so its swings and round-abouts.

P.S. can someone plz close this thread cos it will never have a final answer!