PDA

View Full Version : bipolar speakers any one got any?

thelostone
08-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Thinking of upgrading my surround speakers on my 5.1 system and have been offered some eltax ht2 bipolar speakers.Question is what do they sound like and are they any good? thanks

Sicilian
10-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Never tried them, but heres a review i found Product Review (http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_4/eltax-speakers-11-2002.html)

thelostone
10-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Thamks mate very much for that it makes interesting reading, i got a set of beech/silver ones for ?20 and i must admit they do sound good.I now have something called upgradeitis :rofl::rofl:me think the fronts need a look at, time to talk nicely to the mrs thanks sic

pande_monium
11-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Thamks mate very much for that it makes interesting reading, i got a set of beech/silver ones for ?20 and i must admit they do sound good.I now have something called upgradeitis :rofl::rofl:me think the fronts need a look at, time to talk nicely to the mrs thanks sic

Sorry buddy, didn't read this earlier...

The bipolar/dipolar speakers are quite interesting. If you look at the way they are made, and what makes them tick, its make quite an interesting read. They can designed to fire in opposite directions or at an angle of 90 degrees to each other.

The HT-2 rear bipolars are at 90 degrees angles... which means that they should be mounted in the corners of the room. Since they're fired in phase, this will cause the bass frequencies to be enhanced.

BTW - I've got an Eltax HT-2 (black) centre speaker to match your bi-polars - brand new, never used. Yours, if you ever want it.

Edit - Forgot to mention, I'd suggest the Eltax for the fronts as well, if you've got most of your speakers from Eltax. This will give you a similar kind of a sound from all speakers.