PDA

View Full Version : [Request] nfsd.o for 2.4.36 kernel

FreddyFr0g
31-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi There,
I've upgraded my sat dbox to Sportster 1.10 Rev12 and I can't work out the nfs server anymore.
I think the problem is basicaly that the nfs server plugin has been compiled (or at least nfsd.o) for kernel 2.4.34... I mean I get the following message if I try an insmod /var/bin/nfsd.o :

insmod: kernel-module version mismatch
/var/bin/nfsd.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.34-dbox2
while this kernel is version 2.4.36-dbox2

Although portmap is running fine... I'll probably post this to the Sporster website but since it's all in German, I'm not sure how much it'd be looked at!
Thanks!

PaphosAL
01-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Freddy- I just looked inside a jffs2 cable dbox2 image with Kernel 2.4.36.2 but can find no sign of a nfsd.o file anywhere, m8.

I did spot nfs.o (90,864 bytes) buried away under /lib/modules if that's any good? Cheers- AL

FreddyFr0g
01-06-2008, 06:20 PM
That's for mounting NFS stuff I think, nfsd.o is used by what's making the NFS server (portmap, rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd) for Dbox (emabling a dbox to nfs mount another one running it). Maybe the warning message is just a warning message and shouldn't affect the way it runs and my problem lies somewhere else!

FreddyFr0g
01-06-2008, 06:44 PM
OK - problem solved for me, got my old nfsd.o file from my old backup image (using newtuxbox) just to be sure to have a file that I knew worked at some point, then I loaded the module with insmod -f /var/bin/nfsd.o which must force the loading. Hope I won't have any bad surprises!