PDA

View Full Version : gta 4

ticticboom
24-05-2008, 06:05 PM
hi guys been playin gta 4 for over a week now and today it stopped loading the next part on the mission the said unreadable disc and that i need 2 clean it or it might be scratched but the games new and nt scratched ave seen people with problems but no solution anyone here gt the same problem help wud be sweet am only 16% through the game lol and i cant load the next bit very fustrating indeed :(

tinkertiler
25-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Take the game back to where you got it from there have been known issues with some of the copies of it im afraid. The oly other thing you could try and do is to try and clean the laser with a disc cleaner. Are any other games that you won doing the same or is it just that one ??? How old is your console?

EDIT - Do you smoke? Have you got any pets cats or dogs? I know that this sounds a strange question but i know someone who smokes the waccy baccy and his 360 laser dies on a regular basis and someone else that i know has a dog and i had to take his 360 apart and clean the laser because dog hair had got in it!!!

ticticboom
25-05-2008, 05:11 PM
thanks mate for the reply, it just does it with gta4 gt no pets except for a wee hamster i got the game from play hope they can replace it, heard people gt a replacement and it still done it :(

tinkertiler
25-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I think that the thing is its another game that is just buggy may be worth a try to see if it goes past the part that locks. I cannot say for certain about it working fine because i played it for 10 mins then gave up just dont like the game at all. Race Driver Grid is out next week and thats the kiddie ive been waiting for.

Collider
25-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Grand Theft Auto IV: Problems with game - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1914579/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Problems-with-game.html)

;)

smif
27-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Try saving your game to a memory card and load from there.Worked for me on
a couple of games.Im told hdd errors can prevent loading games but they
will load from the card.

tinkertiler
27-05-2008, 04:07 PM
The thing is that you shouldnt have to faf around swaping from memory card ect and doing this and that they should have tried to get rid of the bugs out of the game before releasing it which they appear not to have done and seeing as though the 360 version was done a long time ago they should have got the 360 one spot on which they havent. Oh well Race Driver Grid is out now so im well happy!!!!!

ticticboom
29-05-2008, 12:21 AM
still no luck guys its the part when romans apartment and buisness gets torched then have to flit to the other side of the city the goes to the loading... the disc error apears the game shud have been sorted by now u wud think there wud do a patch by now :( thanks guys for the replys :D

tinkertiler
29-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Have you took the game back and asked for a new copy???

ste1878
29-05-2008, 10:52 PM
i had the exact same problem... coincidently at around the same spot!!

i took it to game and they cleaned the disc for me at a cost of ?3 and its worked like a dream ever since

ticticboom
30-05-2008, 10:03 PM
hi guys no i havent took it back as i got it from play how do i go about returns with them ? will try and email them :D hope they will be nice and swap .

rtr86
08-06-2008, 01:17 PM
GTA is great, still enjoying it!

ticticboom
08-06-2008, 02:04 PM
lol this thread wasnt about how good the game is it about the problem i had :P, but now i gt it sorted didnt take the game back i just took michelle out for a burger took her home had some fun with her then it auto saved then i when to get roman from hiding in the boot and took him to the other side of the city and IT WORKED YEAH!!!!!!! so must have been a corrupt save or summat .

tinkertiler
08-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Great to hear that you got it working in the end i just hope that it doesnt happen to you again. Im not playing it so i cannot comment on any problems its just what i haver read on the net.